Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

How's Your Writing Going Today?

Page 1 of 2Next

How's your writing going today? Let us now by adding a comment below!

We've created this thread as there are several new members who are working on stories and could really use encouragement, especially after a long break from writing. Posting updates here will help give them accountability and get encouragement from other writers on this site.

Members with fewer than five stories posted can add updates to their writing progress in this thread. Once you have five or more stories posted, you will receive an individual forum, where you can create your own personalised writing progress thread. And we have regular writing sessions on the AlwaysSnape Discord channel from :00 to :40, so feel free to join whenever you can!

Good luck writing!

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamieDark AngelJaySM

I started a rewrite of a drabble for one of the site challenges, but I didn't like the beginning. I'm getting better at ditching parts that aren't working, rather than strenuously trying to rewrite them.

Anyone else working on the drabbles?

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelJaySM
Quote from mmlf on July 17, 2023, 1:46 am

I started a rewrite of a drabble for one of the site challenges, but I didn't like the beginning. I'm getting better at ditching parts that aren't working, rather than strenuously trying to rewrite them.

Not drabbles, one-shots for Challenges. I have a lot of awkward beginnings because I just don’t know how to start it to get to the actual meat of the plot. It’s all in my head but the delivery in my writing is lacking.

I need the practice though.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSam
Quote from JaySM on September 28, 2023, 11:47 am

Not drabbles, one-shots for Challenges. I have a lot of awkward beginnings because I just don’t know how to start it to get to the actual meat of the plot. It’s all in my head but the delivery in my writing is lacking.

Don't we all? Currently have two seperate microsoft word files open. It's all over the place. For now, I am just writing whatever comes to mind of events that I have planned in my head. Writing the dialogues is a bit challenging, even if there would be just a few.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelJaySM
Quote from Sam on September 28, 2023, 11:54 am
Quote from JaySM on September 28, 2023, 11:47 am

Don't we all? Currently have two seperate microsoft word files open. It's all over the place. For now, I am just writing whatever comes to mind of events that I have planned in my head. Writing the dialogues is a bit challenging, even if there would be just a few.

Are you writing Challenges too or is it a fanfic?

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSam

Nah. I am not good at writing challenges. It's just your regular run of the mill Dark Snape story. I am a one trick pony, and so I write that. Basically, a wish fulfillment of Snape not joining the 'light' side and instead being self-centred and selfish enough to not give a fig about anyone except himself. And maybe, having a bit of revenge against those that wronged him along the way. It would definitetly end up in "WTF did I just read", I think. Only time will tell.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelJaySM
Quote from Sam on September 28, 2023, 12:22 pm

Nah. I am not good at writing challenges. It's just your regular run of the mill Dark Snape story. I am a one trick pony, and so I write that. Basically, a wish fulfillment of Snape not joining the 'light' side and instead being self-centred and selfish enough to not give a fig about anyone except himself. And maybe, having a bit of revenge against those that wronged him along the way. It would definitetly end up in "WTF did I just read", I think. Only time will tell.

If there’s no pairing, I’ll certainly read it.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSam

I've started to write a story in which a freak accident with the Veil in the Department of Mysteries brings five people back to life, which includes the Potters. As a result of said accident, Sirius doesn't die, but Lucius still ends up in Azkaban, and strange things begin to happen as the Netherworld begins to encroach upon the reality.

It was supposed to be just a little distraction, but I'm at 6K words right now, and I've only just started.

The story features a manipulative Dumbledore, Severus who is fed up with everyone and everything, destructive Narcissa, clueless James who assumes things are the way they've been 20yrs ago, alcohol abuse, introspection, signs of the apocalypse and much, much more.

Will I finish it? Will it remain a WIP? Who knows.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90

That sounds amazing! Would love to read it when you're ready to start posting. 💚

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDust Collector

Very good. The concept is sound, plenty of scope for disaster if things aren't fixed. Sounds like it could be pretty fast-paced as well. Good luck with writing!

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Dust Collector have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDust Collector
Page 1 of 2Next