Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Always: The Severus/Lily Thread

PreviousPage 3 of 9Next

Fair enough, and I don't think either perspective is necessarily right or wrong. Unless something is clearly, unambiguously stated (and sometimes even then), it's all open to interpretation.

This is why I have no problem with James fans, for example. I personally dislike the character and choose to see him in a certain way, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with someone seeing him differently.

As for what I posted above... I can accept that Lily might have been developing a crush on James around this time. But that doesn't exclude her from having some level of feelings for Severus as well, and to me, that feels more realistic. It also makes for a better "what if" scenario if at some point, the foundation was there for her to wind up with either one of them.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamieJaySMJungle Jenna

I do think a person can have crushes on two people simultaneously, so I don't mind your interpretation. Perhaps she did have deeper feelings for Snape and we might never know what could've been. I agree with your point about what ifs, that is what fics are about, exploring your interpretations in different ways.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalTimeLadyJamieJaySM
Quote from Naaga on March 16, 2023, 1:52 pm

I do think a person can have crushes on two people simultaneously, so I don't mind your interpretation. Perhaps she did have deeper feelings for Snape and we might never know what could've been. I agree with your point about what ifs, that is what fics are about, exploring your interpretations in different ways.

At least in my personal experience, as a het guy (in case it makes a difference), this isn't true generally speaking. At least when I was a teenager, where hormones led to far stronger crushes overall, I never evver had a crush on more than one person at the time. The turn-around could be *rapid*, but never truly simultaneous.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySMJungle Jenna

That's interesting, though very different from my experiences as a teenage girl (and many of the girls I knew). I always had multiple crushes going on at the same time… I never really settled on one unless/until I actually started dating that person.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

I guess things work differently for different persons. My experiences were similar to @fredriq as being a het guy myself.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceFIQKrystal

I got some wonderful Snily art I've found and would like to share!

by Pearlippe

I sadly forget which artist this was from, sorry.

by Sertygratte-blog 

by MadFantasy (they also have a bunch of other amazing Severus fan art in general. Go follow them, seriously <3)

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelJaySMJungle JennaZombiePotter04

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 9 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeTimeLadyJamieDark AngelJaySMRobaku90Jungle JennaZombiePotter04

by くるい

by Sator-the-wanderer 

Lily and Severus by Sbi96

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeJaySMZombiePotter04

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeTimeLadyJamieJaySMRobaku90ZombiePotter04

by Miyumi

by Uproar

by Minem

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceFIQKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelJaySMZombiePotter04
PreviousPage 3 of 9Next