Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Always: The Severus/Lily Thread

PreviousPage 8 of 8
Quote from TimeLadyJamie on January 12, 2024, 6:17 pm

I made this little edit today because when I came across the quote it made me think of Snily and their story. <3 None of the artwork in it is made by me. The quote is by Ocean Vuong.

OH GOD WHY!!! the tears won't stop!!

The Gestalt Prince and TimeLadyJamie have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceTimeLadyJamie

Reuploading my previous edit I made since the image seems to have deleted. Again, none of the artwork in it is made by me, and the quote is by Ocean Vuong. I just think the quote fits the Snily story so well, so now I've been using it with everything for them. <3

Bonus stuff I found...

Source: X

Source: X

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceBitterBritSalvyusZombiePotter04

Great colour schemes, especially in the lower graphics. Perfect blend of light and dark to accompany Lily and Snape.

The Gestalt Prince, Robaku90 and Salvyus have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceRobaku90Salvyus
Quote from Venus on June 1, 2023, 3:11 pm

Tego była cała seria. 😍 Cudowne!

Moderator translator:

There was a whole series of that. 😍 Wonderful!

The Gestalt Prince, TimeLadyJamie and Salvyus have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceTimeLadyJamieSalvyus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_YZiTaNRv0

Lily & Severus | A True Sacrifice

Sharing around another Snily video I came across that has given me the feels! <3

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceBitterBritRobaku90

Beautiful...

The Gestalt Prince has reacted to this post.
The Gestalt Prince

I always liked to headcanon Lily loving Sev too when they were younger. Maybe that's just because I have a heart of glass and want our dear Sev to at least have had something good in his life after he started attending Hogwarts (Lily's requited love), even if he didn't know it. I like to think they just were too afraid to confess their feelings to each other in time, considering the Hogwarts-related environment they were in (if they had both gone to another school or had both been sorted into Ravenclaw or Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff their romance could've flourished way easier. I think their main struggles came from both being sorted into rival houses and the toxic environment surrounding it (that is why I really like a certain fic where Lily is in Severus' place as a Potions' Master/Mistress (Severus died due to the werewolf attack "prank" in third year), where at the end of the Second Wizarding War, instead of dying by Voldemort/Nagini's hand (fangs), she burns Hogwarts to the ground and dies in the wreckage. She does this due to the toxic house rivalry that caused her to not believe Severus' statements about the Marauders' before he ultimately dies at their hands. I cannot remember the story's name right now, but will look it up in case anyone wants to read it).

Also, to be honest, I dislike Lily's canon portrayal (in her teenage years at least) quite a bit. I just ship her and Sev together because I cannot fathom Severus being with anyone else than her, considering his life has basically revolved around her since they met, even after her death (when I write it this way, it does sound a bit obsessive, but I do not believe that was the case, because someone who is obsessed with someone else will not respect their wishes for distance/relationship with someone else. The fact that Severus left her alone after their fight and after her marriage to James, speaks to me as not obsessive, but as love, considering her happiness was more important to him than his own needs and desires). And, aside from Sev's memories, we do not know a lot about Lily, so, we as readers can shape her personality for ourselves quite a bit.

To get back to my previous point, the reason I dislike Lily's canon portrayal is mostly because of her deciding to date and marry James and to ditch her best friend after the tree incident (cmon he was being bullied and you "smiled" at James' antics even though your "bestie" was suffering horribly. Like, how dare you). Maybe I am biased, considering my attraction is quite different from the usual standard. I have always found Severus to be quite attractive even though he was obviously portrayed not to be. And, for some reason, I do not find men that look like James (the "modern guy" look) attractive at all (this also applies to my real life attraction to men (yes, Severus was my real life awakening to what I find attractive in men oop-)). But, above all, personality matters the most to me, and I do not vibe with James', like at all. And, I don't know how Lily could.

And, even if she did like James' personality (apparently she did, according to canon, at least eventually), I cannot fathom being in love with someone who is torturing your best friend of like 7 years for no good reason (even though you shouldn't bully, even if you have a "reason") and who does not care if he lives or dies due to it. Attracted? Sure. You cannot help attraction to a certain extend (but, considering my own attraction standards, I do not vibe lmao), but actively falling in-love with someone like James? That takes effort/actually liking someone as a person. And the fact that Lily went there with James, to actually fall in love with him, even though she knows what he is like and has done to her best friend, makes canon Lily not that likable in my opinion.

Sure, Sev has his flaws and made his mistakes, but James has way more flaws in my opinion. Underneath it all, Severus is a good person, and I thought Lily was capable of seeing that, considering they were friends for so long. I do not believe James is truly evil or anything, I think underneath it all he does have some goodness in his heart, but considering he had no issues torturing someone/people with the reasoning of "he shouldn't exist" just because they were sorted into Slytherin, shows a big issue regarding morality to me. I think this makes him in some aspects as bad as the people he claims to hate so much (the Death Eaters and the Slytherin Death Eater wannabees), considering they have obvious morality issues as well, seeing their ideology and their acts of terror regarding a "race" (Muggleborns and Muggles). It seems to me that James is kind of the same in that aspect, but instead of it being with a "race", like with the Death Eaters, for him it is a Hogwarts house and all the people within it (Slytherin house).

Anyway, these are my thoughts on Lily, Sev and James and Lily and Sev's relationship. Considering these parts are the parts of the Harry Potter franchise I disagree with the most, I like to rewrite them in my own head. This is why I love fics where Sev and Lily stand as one united front against James. They soothe my broken heart. </3

Anyway, let me know what you think of my thoughts and rambles I wrote here. :p I can understand why some people would disagree with me and that is perfectly fine, of course! In the end, everyone has their own interpretation and wishes of a story and sometimes how they would possibly rewrite it if they could. These are just my thoughts.

Also, if you read this post until the end, kudos to you! You're amazing! <3

Heatherlly and The Gestalt Prince have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt Prince

I agree with Heatherly’s analysis. I think their relationship was a mix between friendship and a crush. Having feelings back for someone and being in love are two different levels if emotion. One is a seed, one is a flower. I love the discussion, though.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceRobaku90
PreviousPage 8 of 8