Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Brainstorming, Plot Ideas, and Story Help

PreviousPage 3 of 19Next
Quote from Naaga on March 10, 2023, 1:16 pm

While I can't write for my ideas, I wish there was something like a What If? Snape...  series of fics, some sort of one-shots scenario written if Snape took different decisions in vital moments of his life and their consequences. Some of my scenarios include :

• What if Snape didn't meet Lily
  • What if Snape chose a different compartment in Hogwarts express for first ride to Hogwarts
  • What if Snape sorted into Gryffindor
  • What if Snape died in Shrieking Shack from werewolf Lupin
  • What if Snape didn't call Lily 'mudblood'
  • What if Snape left the Hogwarts after SWM for another wizarding school
  • What if Snape didn't give the Prophecy
  • What if Snape found truth about Pettigrew

There can be countless scenario, these came foremost in my mind.

This does, in fact, exist, albeit it has been rather slow updating. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13424591/1/What-If-The-Afterlife-of-Severus-Snape

The author wrote one for Lily a several years ago too ( https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4936966/1/What-if-The-Purgatory-of-Lily ), but I felt like the writing could have been better, the author has improved a lot in later fics.

I'll repost all of these on the fanfic recommendations thread for the future alongside the fic that I consider to be the author's best work (which is neither of these).

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

Ah, I love Escoger, one of my favorite writers!

Heatherlly and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystal

I have an idea, what about a Snape crossover where Snapes of different worlds meet up for a council of Snapes and share their unique experiences with other Snapes. Canon Snape would be the protagonist and would feel either jealous(mostly) and sometimes relieved after hearing other Snapes' differences in how their life turned out.

Different Snapes would be taken from other fics or OC created from scratch for the purpose of avoiding repetitive personalities.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

That would be a pretty neat concept to work off of, I know that I have quite a few ideas of different versions of Snape I have. I might actually try that out on AO3.

I'd probably only use Snapes from my own works (past, present, and future).

Heatherlly, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaaga

Cool, I might read it if you go for it. I had read Harry fic of such type long ago and thought that Snape should have one himself.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

How many of you are okay with making this idea a round robin? I find interactions between different Severus Snapes fascinating. If accepted for round robin, there should also be a separate post for character sheets of Severus Snape to be used for in the round robin.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Winter's Shade have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceWinter's Shade

Eh, I wouldn't be into it as a Round Robin. While it's a fine idea, it's not the type of story I'm interested in working on personally.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

So I've been thinking about "The Reward", which was recommended by @thegestaltprince in the WTF Did I Just Read? thread a few months ago. I've always been fascinated by this premise (Harry and James killed/Lily given to Severus), though I've had issues with "The Reward" and similar stories. These include (but not necessarily limited to) Severus being too dark/sadistic, Lily's grief for Harry glossed over or minimized, and Lily being punished by Severus (often repeatedly) for marrying James.

That last one in particular really bothers me. It implies that Severus had some ownership over her, that she didn't have a right to make her own decisions. Granted, I can understand him feeling hurt, but treating her like she betrayed him, like it's his right to punish her, and she owes him her contrition? That's some deeply misogynistic incel shit, which is bad enough on its own. It's 1000 times worse in context with her grieving and Severus (however unwittingly) being partially responsible for such a tremendous loss.

With that in mind, I'd love to write my own take on this premise. One that is more sympathetic to Lily, isn't needlessly sadistic, a version where Severus not only has a heart but behaves like he does. Parts of it would necessarily have to be dark (e.g. dubcon/noncon sex), but I'd love to write it in a way where there's real potential for healing and (eventually) a healthy relationship.

It would be challenging, to say the least, but I think I could pull it off. So, the question is… should I give it a shot?

The Gestalt Prince, FIQ and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceFIQKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeSalvyus

God yes, I'd love to read that! I've had the same sort of premise in my head as well, but I've been too busy to put it into writing.

Heatherlly, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaaga

Awesome! 🙂

I swore I was going to stop with the Latin titles, but I just found one I really like:

Supra Tenebras Amaras

Translation: "Beyond the Bitter Darkness"

Should I use the Latin version, the English translation, or come up with something else?

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark Angel
PreviousPage 3 of 19Next