Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Brainstorming, Plot Ideas, and Story Help

PreviousPage 4 of 19Next

Personally, I would go with some sort of imagery of a lily being taken and ensnared

Heatherlly, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeTimeLadyJamieDark Angel

I thought about that, but the only thing that will be holding Lily captive in this story is her own grief. It won't be a situation where Severus is keeping her as a prisoner… Voldemort will be given that impression, but as far as Severus is concerned, she'll be free to leave anytime she chooses.

I specifically thought about "darkness" because that will be the biggest obstacle for both of them. Lily's grief will be so powerful it's like a light has been extinguished, leaving Severus to find his way through the darkness as he struggles to reach her. They'll also be contending with darkness on a bigger scale, reckoning  with Voldemort, etc. The only way for either of them to heal, or even to survive in the long-term, will be to escape the darkness (i.e. move beyond it). It's an overarching theme that will apply to the story on multiple levels, not just Lily herself.

My use of the word "bitter" is also deliberate. Both will be bitter about choices they've made, everything they've lost, and (mainly in Lily's case), bitter toward each other. That's something else they'll have to fight to overcome (forgiveness, letting go of resentment, etc).

Having said all that, I'm open to suggestions. If you can think of a better title, by all means, feel free to share. 💚

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark Angel

The way you described the overarching theme of the story has me sold

Heatherlly, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark Angel
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on May 23, 2023, 12:03 am

The way you described the overarching theme of the story has me sold

Can you tell I seriously overthink these things? 😂

I'm going to start working on my plot outline, though I'm not sure when I'll start the story. I'm so inspired that I'd love to do it now, but I should really be focusing on Veritas Omnia Vincit. 😕

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark Angel

What if you broke it up into different parts and only did a very rough outline of the first part (like bulletpoints of major scenes)?

Heatherlly, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaagaWinter's Shade

Oh, the outline isn't the problem. I can write a full outline (and timeline) for a story in an hour or two. Writing an actual story? That's different. Hell, I've spent the last 20 minutes nitpicking over two sentences in my next Veritas chapter.

To be fair, I work faster when I'm in practice/writing every day. But when I'm out of practice (as I am right now), it's like pulling teeth. Starting a new story would be the easier option, especially when I'm feeling inspired, but that would feel like a copout. I need to push through and start making more progress with Veritas… not only do I have readers waiting for an update, but I promised myself I'd finish it before November this year.

If things start going more smoothly with Veritas, I might let myself work on the new one a bit. For now though, I am struggling… I really have to give it all my time/attention.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's Shade

So I started outlining this story, and the mother of all plot twists popped in my head. Holy shit…

There's a clue in my first sentence, though you'll never guess what it is until you read the story. 😉

Is Lily pregnant with James's child?

Heatherlly, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaaga
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on May 25, 2023, 12:51 pm

LOL, no. It's much more twisty than that.

Quote from Heatherlly on May 25, 2023, 1:20 pm
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on May 25, 2023, 12:51 pm

LOL, no. It's much more twisty than that.

Ohh, you got me interested. I'm excited for it. 😯

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaWinter's Shade
PreviousPage 4 of 19Next