Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Brainstorming, Plot Ideas, and Story Help

PreviousPage 6 of 20Next

Just to clarify, when you say "last day", do you mean the last day of his fifth year?

Heatherlly, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyNaagaDark AngelBol_Stark
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on July 11, 2023, 9:18 pm

Just to clarify, when you say "last day", do you mean the last day of his fifth year?

No, with “last day” I do actually mean the last day of his seventh year, when Death will come to ask him if he has fulfilled his part of the deal and can hand over the Deathly Hallows.

Sev has two of them at that point and simply doesn’t know where to find the third and so instead of frantically searching he decides to use the time on the Hogwarts Express to say goodbye to the people that became important to him during his second chance.

I hope it makes more sense now?

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel

Ohh okay, I got confused for a second, sorry

Quote from The Gestalt Prince on July 11, 2023, 10:48 pm

Ohh okay, I got confused for a second, sorry

It’s fine, don’t worry.
The idea behind it is that Sev actually does put more importance into defeating Voldemort and ensuring Lily has a happy life.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel

What's your overall idea for how you want to structure it, in terms of the time between the beginning and the last day?

Quote from The Gestalt Prince on July 11, 2023, 11:43 pm

What's your overall idea for how you want to structure it, in terms of the time between the beginning and the last day?

Finally at home and able to reply to your question. I hope that I did understand your question correctly^^

6th Year:

• The first chapter will be about his death, meeting the founders and making a decision.
  • Sev wakes up in the Hogwarts Express (beginning of his 6th year). On this first day we will directly have the first change to what happened in his original life.
  • Dynamics within Slytherin -> Internal fight for Leadership
  • Sev and the Marauders (group and single ones) -> the Marauders logically think they still are in advantage... 😉
  • Hogsmeade (multiple) -> Sev does go with Friends but Lily isn’t with them
    • Confrontation of Sev and „Tom“
  • Realization that he might need the help of Dumbledore to find the Horcruxes and destroy them, after all he is "just" a Hogwarts Student.
  • Knowing that a big battle might come Sev also starts to build something alike to "Dumbledores Army" -> he teaches the people that he selected for it. The group will slowly grow and we see new Friendships develop.

Summer Break:

• Snape Homelife
  • Sev and the Group had planned meetings -> Sev doesn’t come
  • „Now it is just a wooden stick, broken into two pieces.“
  • Living with a friend
  • Dumbledore -> Prophecy

7th Year:

• Return with the Hogwarts Express
  • Dumbledore and Sev -> search and destruction of Horcruxes
  • „As Headboy you have to work with the Headgirl, with me.“ 
  • Friendship and Relationship developments
  • The battle of Hogwarts
  • A moment with a stone in exchange for a wand
  • A missing piece
    • Saying Goodbye
  • An gift not expected

Feel free to tell me what you think 🙂

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaYampamDark Angel

One thing I noticed is that the Gaunt Ring and the Stone don't seem to be found until seventh year. If you were going down the route of doing both Hallows and Horcruxes, it might make more sense for Snape to focus on the Hallows to secure his survival, and then once secure, he could then move on to the Horcruxes; the overlapping point would be the Gaunt Ring, which would be the first Horcrux found. So maybe sixth-year could be focused on Hallows, and then seventh on Horcruxes?

HeatherllymmlfNaagaDark AngelBol_StarkSalvyus
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on July 12, 2023, 12:30 pm

One thing I noticed is that the Gaunt Ring and the Stone don't seem to be found until seventh year. If you were going down the route of doing both Hallows and Horcruxes, it might make more sense for Snape to focus on the Hallows to secure his survival, and then once secure, he could then move on to the Horcruxes; the overlapping point would be the Gaunt Ring, which would be the first Horcrux found. So maybe sixth-year could be focused on Hallows, and then seventh on Horcruxes?

Well, I did actually approach it with this in mind:

Severus does return after he has already lost Lily. He doesn’t have any hope to win her back… But he knows that he can ensure that she does survive and has a happy life.
With that in mind he doesn’t find the Hallows to be important for him, as he has no reason to stay longer than necessary.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel

Ah okay, that makes more sense when you explain his motivations like that, and given the situation, I'd imagine he would focus on finding the Horcruxes first.

HeatherllymmlfNaagaDark AngelBol_StarkSalvyus
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on July 12, 2023, 3:00 pm

Ah okay, that makes more sense when you explain his motivations like that, and given the situation, I'd imagine he would focus on finding the Horcruxes first.

Glad to hear that it now makes more sense 🙂

I also considered that he at first wants to do it without Dumbledores help and rather reluctantly accepts that he does actually need it.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel
PreviousPage 6 of 20Next