Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Brainstorming, Plot Ideas, and Story Help

PreviousPage 9 of 20Next

I thought I'd pop in to add to the idea about the Princes being connected to King Arthur.

I'm not sure if this is better than what you've all come up with so far (because I love the idea of Dark Princes), but Arthur does have a brother called Madoc (or Madawg), who would technically be a Prince.

It might be a good option if you decide to focus on the Hallows, as it would be easier to explain. On the other hand, the other options would be more interesting if you choose to delve deeper into Snape's backstory.

Or you could split the story in two. Frankly, Snape going after the Hallows, the horcruxes, and his family roots seems a bit much when he only has 2 years. The hunt for his origins might make for a good sequel if he survives that second meeting with Death

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelBol_Stark

I had a nice talk with @naaga on the AlwaysSnape discord and somehow a new fic idea did develop out of it.

Once more I would like to get the feedback of you all, it really helps a lot with the creative process and making the ideas even better.

Idea:

Sev does die. In the afterlife Dumbledore does ask him if he thinks that his teenage self would have made different decisions if he had been more powerful, so powerful that he could have easily defended himself against his four tormentors. So powerful that he would ha placed on a step with Dumbledore and Voldemort while just being a teenager.
He warns Severus that his answer will have consequences.
So when Severus does answer that he thought he would have been different, then Dumbledore tells him that this second chance was granted for him. His inner magic (magical core) is send to his teenager self during his worst memory. The inner magic (magical cores) will mix/unite and become a single new one. But only his inner magic (magical core) is send back. None of his memories will be giving to his teenager self. 

Now they will see if he had really made different decisions.

It actually happens while he is upside down, struggling to get free from his own spell. Before he can call Lily a Mudblood the spell does break and he gets back down on the ground. Sirius throws a curse at him but a shield just does block it, while Sev does say nothing and does not even have his wand.

So initially his desires start to manifest in accidental magic doing his bidding and later he starts to learn controlling his new power.

His wand isn’t able to handle this new amount of magic and the core breaks from it, so that he does need to get a replacement for it.

A very special wand will chose him as his new master and soon a Prophecy will be maid.

Wand:

Wood = Elder
Core = Thestral Hair
Length = 15“
Maker = Mykew Gregorovitch

Mykew Gregorovitch had made this wand while he was in possession of the Elder Wand. As a wandmaker he knew all the stories about the Elder Wand and was sure that some day he might also lose it to someone else. Fearing that day he started to create a copy of the Elder Wand that’s only difference was the design. To make sure that this copy would be able to match the Elder Wand, in case that he might have to fight against the new owner, he used his power over the Elder Wand to copy the magic abilities into the newly crafted wand.

When the Elder Wand was stolen from him, Gregorovitch tried to use this wand. Even though he could feel the magic the wand didn’t work for him. That the wand denied to serve him surprised Gregorovitch and also enraged him. 

Gregorovitch wanted to snap the wand but wasn’t able to do it, and so he made a decision, the decision to give the wand to Garrick Ollivander, informing him about the story of the wand. Both wandmakers agreed that the wand couldn’t be destroyed but also not publicly displayed. And so the wand was placed in a specifically secured storage room of Ollivanders.

In this storage room the wand waited until the fifteen year old Hogwarts student Severus Snape came into the shop in search of a new wand after the core of his old one broke. His master finally had arrived.

Prophecy:

The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord is under us… Hated and tormented by his father, hated and tormented by his peers at Hogwarts… Pushed to become a follower of the darkness but destined to be a leader of the light… and the Dark Lord does mark him his equal the first time they meet, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not… The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord walks under us with the crest of the Snake on his chest…“

I hope you all like the idea 🙂

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

@bolstark @naaga @heatherlly @darkangel @salvyus @sanctuaryangel @mmlf

Does this mean the ideas for fanfiction in these threads are okay for everyone to use in their Fanfic or is it not okay?

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel
Quote from Morgan on July 22, 2023, 7:08 pm

@bolstark @naaga @heatherlly @darkangel @salvyus @sanctuaryangel @mmlf

Does this mean the ideas for fanfiction in these threads are okay for everyone to use in their Fanfic or is it not okay?

I can only speak for myself in this matter:
I know that I might not be able to write all of my ideas, so if you’re interested in one just send me a message and then we can talk.
The talk will basically be about what you would do with the idea, what you imagine for it. I just want to make sure it won’t be going in a complete opposite direction to what I imagined.
And then I will make a decision.

@bolstark is correct, @profiction. If you see an idea you'd like to use, please check with the person who posted it first. In most cases, I'm sure it will be okay, especially if you tweak the idea and make it yours rather than copying it verbatim.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelBol_Stark

@profiction I'd advise to also take a close look at the post, for example Bol_Stark needed help brainstorming for his story and we added our thoughts, so if there's something that appeals to you, you should ask if you can use it as well.

On page 5 or 6, I added a prompt with a lot of plot bunnies, that one is free for anyone to use as I have stated that I'm not writing it.

As an addition, you can take inspiration from already written fanfics but it is always good to mention the source! I once read a fic where the author revealed after six chapters and lots of praises for the originality of their story that it was inspired by another abandoned work. Something like that should be stated at the beginning of the very first chapter or prologue. If you want to make use of another author's OC or their creation of a place that doesn't actually exist then refer to the original in the relevant chapter.

Btw, your profile pic is adorable ❤

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaBol_StarkSalvyus

These are a few plot ideas that I have no desire to complete, so feel free to take any of them as yours. Any advice or comment is so greatly appreciated 🤍 (I've also formatted these as a description for a fic so the rest may be up to you. Hopefully that is sufficent!)

- Severus Snape receives an anonymous letter with strict instructions to potentially better himself and save those around him. However weirder, the handwriting looked almost too familiar.  (Marauders Era, LE/SS)
- James Potter is transported to 1976 after his death; a gift for his valiant sacrifice but a curse for all of his deepest faults. However, will he be able to better this timeline effectively? To fix the path for more than his alternate self?
- After his less-than-pleasant death, Severus woefully has the gift to fulfill any lucky mortal's dream; no matter the timeline, universe, or circumstance. Seems plausibly straightforward to him, but it's only when he finds a universe with Lily alive that he thinks otherwise.
- It's his eighth life. It's almost usual nowadays. What wasn't usual, however, was that he was gifted with being a seer. A Hufflepuff Seer. Oh, how whoever is testing his fate will hear the never-ending wrath of Severus Snape.

I'm not a writer but I like the first and last one! Though latter makes me think, is Snape a cat? 😂

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaInterwovenMadness
Quote from Dark Angel on July 24, 2023, 2:13 pm

I'm not a writer but I like the first and last one! Though latter makes me think, is Snape a cat? 😂

It's got that feline, doesn't it? 🤣  Also thank you for your kind words!

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

I could use some help on a story I'm working on.

It's ironically a story about Severus being a seer.

I'm on chapter 3 and Severus has finally realized that the dreams he's been having are not merely nightmares. He's now worried about the visions he's been having about Lily's death and wants to stop it from happening.

I need a way for Severus to turn to Dumbledore for help. I'm not sure how to do that and making it feel natural, not forced.

In most 'Snape dies and goes back and time and now has foreknowledge' fics it makes sense he would go to Dumbledore, but in mine that doesn't happen. I personally don't think teenage Severus would go to him of his own accord. There's no reason why he would trust Dumbledore or seek him out.

My only other thought is that Dumbledore somehow knows that Severus's seeing powers have awakened and he seeks him out to offer his guidance? But I see problems with this idea too. I have already established that he's been having these dreams for a while now.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Dark Angel have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceDark Angel
PreviousPage 9 of 20Next