Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Chatroom (Snail Version)

PreviousPage 3 of 10Next
Quote from Dark Angel on November 3, 2023, 5:17 am

@naaga is always ready for war 😁

Regarding your conversation on weather. I used to live in a city near a mountain range and there we used to get snow but unless you drove up to the mountain, you would usually not face any problems.

Now, I live in a flatland area. There used to be snow maybe once or twice in  January and February but due to climate change, I think we won't be seeing snow again here. It's November and just today our temperature dropped to 23° and I'm still wearing t-shirts.

That’s a dramatic change. That’s sub-tropical weather. I haven’t lived in the mountains long enough to figure out the patterns of weather. I did notice the first snow starts in October and doesn’t end until April. That’s an obscenely long winter. I’m considering leaving for the worst of it and vacationing to warmer areas.

Anyone else having a problem with the dropdown list of names not popping up when you tag someone?

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyusSam
Quote from JaySM on November 3, 2023, 11:41 am
Quote from Dark Angel on November 3, 2023, 5:17 am

@naaga is always ready for war 😁

Regarding your conversation on weather. I used to live in a city near a mountain range and there we used to get snow but unless you drove up to the mountain, you would usually not face any problems.

Now, I live in a flatland area. There used to be snow maybe once or twice in  January and February but due to climate change, I think we won't be seeing snow again here. It's November and just today our temperature dropped to 23° and I'm still wearing t-shirts.

That’s a dramatic change. That’s sub-tropical weather. I haven’t lived in the mountains long enough to figure out the patterns of weather. I did notice the first snow starts in October and doesn’t end until April. That’s an obscenely long winter. I’m considering leaving for the worst of it and vacationing to warmer areas.

Anyone else having a problem with the dropdown list of names not popping up when you tag someone?

For me, it works when I tag anyone with reference in initial part of the posts but in later parts, it doesn't work most of the times.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySMSam

For me it just lags. Like, for some of you I just type your names myself but sometimes all of a sudden it quickly responds and does it for me.

So random question, what is y'all's favorite dishes? Can you cook? Or do you depend on someone else to do it for you?

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySMSalvyusSam

@naaga I wonder if it has anything to do with what device we are using. I’m using a mobile phone. Are you using a desktop?

@darkangel I’m trying to graduate from microwave to stovetop/oven. I get a lot of failed experiments but I can’t complain if I’m hungry.

I have too many favorites but one thing most of those dishes have in common is beef. I really like beef. Beef steak, ground beef, smoked beef, stewed beef.🤤

It’s also the only meat where it doesn’t matter if I undercook it or overcook it.

We’ve got the grading scale of Rare to Very Well Done. Makes me feel proud to announce no matter how much I butcher it. 😄

Quote from Dark Angel on November 3, 2023, 12:03 pm

For me it just lags. Like, for some of you I just type your names myself but sometimes all of a sudden it quickly responds and does it for me.

So random question, what is y'all's favorite dishes? Can you cook? Or do you depend on someone else to do it for you?

My favourite dishes are things you wouldn't have heard about and let's leave it at it. 😼

I can't cook except for ready to make food but I can make an excellent tea. 😹😹

I usually depend upon tiffin sevices, canteens and mess for food. At home, mom made food is heavenly and there's no comparison and my sister makes excellent foreign food. 😸

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySMSalvyusSam
Quote from JaySM on November 3, 2023, 12:18 pm

@naaga I wonder if it has anything to do with what device we are using. I’m using a mobile phone. Are you using a desktop?

@darkangel I’m trying to graduate from microwave to stovetop/oven. I get a lot of failed experiments but I can’t complain if I’m hungry.

I have too many favorites but one thing most of those dishes have in common is beef. I really like beef. Beef steak, ground beef, smoked beef, stewed beef.🤤

It’s also the only meat where it doesn’t matter if I undercook it or overcook it.

We’ve got the grading scale of Rare to Very Well Done. Makes me feel proud to announce no matter how much I butcher it. 😄

Mobile is my daily driver and I mostly use it, including for our beloved site.

My favourite thing ever is Patatnik, which is basically baked shredded potatoes with sirene (a salty type of white cheese). Tastes a bit like Spanish tortilla, but better ;D

When I don't have anyone to cook for me, I get by on pasta and potatoes.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelJaySMSam

Ah, so the weirdest thing about me as a Middle Eastern person  is that I don't like red meat, everyone thinks I'm missing out on life because of that 😅. I eat chicken and fish just fine  but red meat disgusts me and frankly makes me gag. I was once invited for lunch and they had made pasta which I love but I wasn't told that it contained red meat, took my first bite and my face fell. 😭 I'm fully aware how rude that was but I really couldn't control my expression.

@naaga enlighten me though. There's a new restaurant here that serves both Indian and Asian food and I'm waiting for a popular food blogger to give her verdict before visiting it, any suggestions? Especially in terms of dessert.

I'm no five star chef, but with me you wouldn't go hungry. I do make local and foreign  dishes. But to be honest I don't really enjoy cooking, I prefer baking. It's just more fun and some people told me it's because I have a sensitive sense of smell. Cooking involves unpleasant smells like oil, onion, meat, etc and that actually does make sense to me. I'm really easily affected by unpleasant odors.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySMSalvyusSam
Quote from Salvyus on November 3, 2023, 12:33 pm

My favourite thing ever is Patatnik, which is basically baked shredded potatoes with sirene (a salty type of white cheese). Tastes a bit like Spanish tortilla, but better ;D

When I don't have anyone to cook for me, I get by on pasta and potatoes.

Just googled it.
That looks delicious. I’ll try my hand on it.

There’s an odd bug roaming around the earth that leads people to dislike red meat.

Quote from Dark Angel on November 3, 2023, 12:33 pm

Ah, so the weirdest thing about me as a Middle Eastern person  is that I don't like red meat, everyone thinks I'm missing out on life because of that 😅. I eat chicken and fish just fine  but red meat disgusts me and frankly makes me gag. I was once invited for lunch and they had made pasta which I love but I wasn't told that it contained red meat, took my first bite and my face fell. 😭 I'm fully aware how rude that was but I really couldn't control my expression.

@naaga enlighten me though. There's a new restaurant here that serves both Indian and Asian food and I'm waiting for a popular food blogger to give her verdict before visiting it, any suggestions? Especially in terms of dessert.

I'm no five star chef, but with me you wouldn't go hungry. I do make local and foreign  dishes. But to be honest I don't really enjoy cooking, I prefer baking. It's just more fun and some people told me it's because I have a sensitive sense of smell. Cooking involves unpleasant smells like oil, onion, meat, etc and that actually does make sense to me. I'm really easily affected by unpleasant odors.

I can give some recs depending upon menu.

PreviousPage 3 of 10Next