Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Chatroom (Snail Version)

PreviousPage 7 of 10Next

Yes... I'm not proud of it but I was bullied into doing it and there's no other way to call it. We eira fans were all reading the new "a dreadful thing" chapter until all of a sudden I, and only I, got a pop-up that could not be closed prompting me to make an account. No one else did. I tried everything, refreshing the page, clearing my cache, waited for a couple of hours and then  accessed the site again and that stupid thing still wouldn't let me read. Whenever I asked around, no one else had that shitty problem and it went on until I had no choice but to give in. I was targeted, I tell you.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySMSalvyus
Quote from Dark Angel on November 4, 2023, 3:47 am

Yes... I'm not proud of it but I was bullied into doing it and there's no other way to call it. We eira fans were all reading the new "a dreadful thing" chapter until all of a sudden I, and only I, got a pop-up that could not be closed prompting me to make an account. No one else did. I tried everything, refreshing the page, clearing my cache, waited for a couple of hours and then  accessed the site again and that stupid thing still wouldn't let me read. Whenever I asked around, no one else had that shitty problem and it went on until I had no choice but to give in. I was targeted, I tell you.

It's the Snaters I tell you, they're sending Wattpad viruses against Snape fans. 😹😹

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalWinter's ShadeDark AngelJaySMSalvyus

And of all people I was targeted, I must be a VIP among Snape fans then. 😂

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeJaySMSalvyus
Quote from Dark Angel on November 4, 2023, 4:10 am

And of all people I was targeted, I must be a VIP among Snape fans then. 😂

Of course you are a member of Always Snape, we are practically Snape fan royality. 😸

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalJaySMSalvyus
Quote from Dark Angel on November 4, 2023, 3:47 am

I love how you tried so hard not to create an account before giving in lol

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelJaySM

I fought valiantly but lost in the end

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySMSalvyus

So a Snape based question, when did you start liking Snape as favourite character?

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySMSalvyus

So you know how I had an on and off relationship with this franchise? I was intrigued by him even as a kid but back then he scared me a little as well 😂

Then when my best friend convinced me to give the books another shot because they're brilliant, she already spoke well of Snape and what a great character he was. I had also been spoilered with some "Always" references and went into reading with a positive attitude towards him and I did like him a lot.

When I reread the books during the pandemic I remembered how much I liked him but with that latest reading, I also noticed many things in canon that I didn't pay attention to when I was younger and I started sympathizing with him even more and voila, here I am.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeJaySMSalvyus
Quote from Dark Angel on November 4, 2023, 12:18 pm

So you know how I had an on and off relationship with this franchise? I was intrigued by him even as a kid but back then he scared me a little as well 😂

Then when my best friend convinced me to give the books another shot because they're brilliant, she already spoke well of Snape and what a great character he was. I had also been spoilered with some "Always" references and went into reading with a positive attitude towards him and I did like him a lot.

When I reread the books during the pandemic I remembered how much I liked him but with that latest reading, I also noticed many things in canon that I didn't pay attention to when I was younger and I started sympathizing with him even more and voila, here I am.

For me, I read books in indigenous language and followed a hybrid movie and book model till Deathly Hallows book followed by movies remaining. My favourite favourite character was Harry but I never hated Snape and he became one of my favourites in the series after book. Ironically Harry doesn't event feature in my top 5 nowadays.

Then I reread books in English and he gradually became my favourite. I started reading fanfics with Snape focus in lockdown and Metas related to him and it only increased my liking for him.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalWinter's ShadeDark AngelJaySMSalvyus

My mother used to read to me a lot when I was a kid, which is how I got introduced to Harry Potter when I was 7. When I read the books at 15, I remembered absolutely nothing of the plot... Except that Snape wasn't what he seemed. So I assumed that he was actually a good guy (at least until Dumbledore's death) and because of that was willing to give him some slack.

After I went through Rannaro's fics on FFN, my love for Snape was cemented.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelJaySM
PreviousPage 7 of 10Next