Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Chatroom (Snail Version)

PreviousPage 8 of 10Next

The thing is, he becomes more likeable the more you read the books and the older you get.

Naaga made an interesting point with how Harry was his favorite character back in the day. I think mine was Hermione because that as who I could relate to at that point in time. There's also how, when you first read a book or any story, you just want to see what happens and get to the end without paying much attention to or even noticing all the clues that an author has left for you. Only when you reread a story, do you see how everything was  connected and how all those subtle little details start to make so much sense!

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeJaySMSalvyus

So, a little update on my Wattpad adventures.

I noticed an interesting feature, there you can comment on individual paragraphs which is probably annoying for the author if a person decides to state their opinion on every fucking paragraph but generally it is fun when you liked a certain part especially much and you can point out how that writing was particularly brilliant without copy-pasting everything into your comment.

Also, you get to upvote individual chapters as opposed to ao3's complete work kudos. That way an author will know how a particular chapter was received.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSalvyus

I think individual chapter upvote is a good thing for reader to let writer know they appreciate every chapter. Comment on paragraphs can definitely be annoying, but I agree with you @darkangel

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelSalvyus

Oh and the individual paragraph comments are also useful in pointing out typos, I usually write my comment after finishing the whole chapter and by then I'm often too lazy to point to any typos I found while reading

Commenting on every chapter would break the immersion for readers, I can't imagine many people doing it. Honestly, those sound like cool features... Probably Wattpad trying to pull back people who abandoned it for superior sites

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel

Yes, but imagine that feature in the hands of a troll. They would drive the author nuts. Hm...wait, does that mean there are no trolls on wattpad? Maybe the people there are more civilized than FF, I see the most hateful comments on there. I haven't really spent much time there to know but so far people really seem more friendly and polite. They just ask authors when and if there will be an update/sequel or give positive feedback.

I see Wattpad is starting to grow on you 😂

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel

The community there is friendly and the interface has some perks, the only problem is that most stories there lack substance and quality but at the same time it's a great place for sharing original works and seeing how they are received prior to publishing them.

I want to check out some of the good original works there but I definitely don't have time for that right now, once I do I'll update y'all. 😅

After months, FF.net decided to send me notification emails again. What a quick and reliable service!

Quote from Dark Angel on November 17, 2023, 9:19 am

After months, FF.net decided to send me notification emails again. What a quick and reliable service!

Wow, ffn actually sends you e-mails! 🙀

Never got those from it but get them all the time with a03.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelSalvyus
PreviousPage 8 of 10Next