Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

HP Weekly Discussion: Favoritism

PreviousPage 3 of 11Next
Quote from Naaga on June 30, 2023, 1:37 am

Today's discussion: What plot point in the series doesn't make sense to you?

The random wand lore we received in Deathly Hallows in terms of winning ownership by 'defeating' an opponent...I don't even know where to start where this one.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySM
Quote from SanctuaryAngel on June 30, 2023, 7:17 am

The random wand lore we received in Deathly Hallows in terms of winning ownership by 'defeating' an opponent...I don't even know where to start where this one.

Isn't that the whole point of Elder Wand plot?

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalJaySM
Quote from Naaga on June 30, 2023, 7:34 am
Quote from SanctuaryAngel on June 30, 2023, 7:17 am

Isn't that the whole point of Elder Wand plot?

Yeah, pretty much xD

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySM

6. Today's discussion: Who do you think was most talented in Harry's Generation?

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and JaySM have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalJaySM

Without a doubt, Hermione Granger

• She knew the answers to all of Severus' questions in the first potion class.
  • Throughout the PS, she displayed an impressive grasp and understanding of charms.
  • She brewed a NEWT-level Polyjuice potion in her second year.
  • She was so talented that she was the first student to be granted a Time Turner for attending all the elective classes.
  • She was able to capture Rita Skeeter and figure out her secret.
  • Came up with DA Galleon and jinxed DA's application.
  • scored all 'O's except DADA (which is Lupin's fault because she didn't let her face Boggart in PoA).
  • She pulled the weight for Harry and Ron; they would've been lost if not for her knowledge.
The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelInterwovenMadnessJaySM

@kris it's good that I agree with your opinion so much, you save me a lot of time for typing lol

So I would also say Hermione. She practically inhales books and is quite knowledgeable, she  plays an important part in the DA and the boys would be lost without her but if we compare the Golden trio to the Marauders and Severus, none of them are their equals and actually, the golden trio is comparatively boring.

Severus made improvements to his potions school book as a student and invented multiple spells.

The Marauders created the map and all became animagi at a very young age.

Another reason why I love CDT is, it has the trio create sth akin to and even better than the map.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga
Quote from Krystal on July 1, 2023, 7:26 am
  • scored all 'O's except DADA (which is Lupin's fault because she didn't let her face Boggart in PoA).

Maybe I cannot remember the specific reference about the OWL's, but how would Lupin not allowing her to face the Boggart in PoA affect her exam results two years later? Did she not know how to cast a Patronus? Because I thought Harry taught this? (Again, I cannot recall any specific references off the top of my head.)

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalJaySM
Quote from mmlf on July 1, 2023, 12:52 pm
Quote from Krystal on July 1, 2023, 7:26 am

Maybe I cannot remember the specific reference about the OWL's, but how would Lupin not allowing her to face the Boggart in PoA affect her exam results two years later? Did she not know how to cast a Patronus? Because I thought Harry taught this? (Again, I cannot recall any specific references off the top of my head.)

Everyone's Boggart fear isn't same. Boggart facing spell is Riddikulus, not a patronus, only Harry's turned into dementor, that's why he practiced patronus on Boggart. Lupin stopped Boggart class when Harry's Boggart turned into a Dementor, therefore Hermione never got the opportunity to face Boggart unlike others like Ron, Harry, Neville etc. That's why she got surprised by her Boggart being McGonagall telling her she failed exams in her DADA owl exam, she couldn't face it and therefore got an "E" grade in DADA, not a "O" she could've obtained if she knew her fear beforehand.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalJaySM

7. Today's discussion: Which one is your favorite non-Snape scene in the books?

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalJaySM
Quote from Naaga on July 2, 2023, 2:27 am

Today's discussion: Which one is your favorite non-Snape scene in the books?

The Battle at the Depertment of Mysteries. That entire sequence was chaotic and fantastic (and i'm glad Severus was not called to participate).

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelJaySM
PreviousPage 3 of 11Next