Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Heatherlly's Writing Progress Thread

PreviousPage 3 of 3

Yeah, that sounds a bit excessive. Like, if it's for a specific reason (the work wanting to be treated more seriously, or a conscious thematic choice), I can understand that. And while I haven't read murkybluematter, I'm assuming that the chapters for every work are consistently 20k

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfKrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

This year has been shit for me as far as writing goes. I haven't written at all since April, and I haven't updated Veritas Omnia Vincit (or posted any other fanfiction) since November 2023. 😕

I wasn't planning on such a long hiatus, but I've had a lot going on this year. Major work transitions, big projects, not just one but three hurricanes…

This is why NaNoWriMo is so important to me, why I go out of my way to participate every year. Yes, I love the challenge, and I do enjoy winning, but more importantly, NaNoWriMo is the one thing that keeps me writing.

This year, I'd really love to finish Veritas Omnia Vincit. I started that story in April 2017, which means I've been working (or not working) on it for almost 8 freaking years. To be fair, I was also working on another epic length story for six of those years, but still… nearly a decade is way too long. I'm ready to move on to something new, which I can't do until it's finished.

The good news is, I only have four chapters left. If I can finish one chapter per week during NaNoWriMo, I'll officially be done.

That might sound easy, but I'm not sure if I can pull it off. Those last few chapters will be intense (and long), not to mention that I'm completely out of practice.

That's the worst thing about not having time to write. If I don't do it consistently, every word becomes a struggle. I know I can work through that, but still… self-doubt can be a real bitch when you haven't written anything in months.

Anyway…

I don't know how much time I'm going to have between now and November 1, but I'm hoping to a.) read back over my story, and b.) establish a (small) daily writing habit. If I can do one or both of those things, it'll be a lot easier to dive right in when NaNoWriMo rolls around.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

Also…

NaNoWriMo Totals

2012: 50,247
2013: 85,729
2014: 70,236
2015: 116,000
2016: 77,927
2017: 126,785
2018: 91,320
2019: 107,750
2020: 130,350
2021: 117,076
2022: 79,380
2023: 72,340
2024: ?

Assuming I can pull it off this year, it'll be my 13th win in a row. 💚

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaWaldemar

My thoughts are with you and other Floridians (and North Carolinians) during this terrible hurricane season.

13 wins! You can do it!

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaWaldemar

I’m sure you’ll make it, make that unlucky number your lucky one lol.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga
PreviousPage 3 of 3