Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Hello! (Namesakesnake)

PreviousPage 2 of 2

@thegestaltprince I started on FFN, but I think I prefer AO3 now

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

What were the concepts for some of the fanfics you were thinking of writing (preferably Snape-related, but anything's fine)?

Heatherlly, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaaga

@thegestaltprince Ok here's some of the ones I've thought about. It's funny because some of them are dark and then there's that one fluffy idea I came up with at the end 😂

1. A child Severus becoming (or nearly becoming) an obscurial because of the abuse in his home and his father's hatred of magic

Meeting Lily helps heals this or prevents the obscures from taking over because their friendship gives him an out for his magic, someone he truly feels safe being himself around. She unknowingly saves him in more then one way. (I've looked and looked and while there are plenty of Harry becoming an obscurial fics but hardly any of Severus as an obscurial)

2. if SWM had still happened but Severus had never called her mudblood. They are still hanging on to their slowly fraying friendship, one that Lily is often to busy to make time for. Severus who was once so important in Lily's life, has long felt that he's been placed on the back burner and he doesn't know how to fix it. Lily is popular and has so many friends after all, so why wouldn't a greasy Slytherin be at the back of her mind? But now halfway through their 6th year Sev is forced to take a front row seat to watching Lily develop feelings for James Potter. He feels bitter jealousy, betrayal, and is left desperately wishing that he was good enough, good enough for anyone really. Lily doesn't understand why Severus can't be mature, let the past go, and at least try to get along with her new boyfriend. After all James has "changed" and "grown up" and deserves a second chance. Severus tells her he can't do this anymore and Lily makes him out to be the bad guy. He just can't explain to her about the tangled feelings inside because he knows without a doubt that if he does he will be rejected. Sometimes he wishes he had never met Lily Evans. (I intended this to filled with lots of self hatred and possibly even self harm and thoughts of suicide)

This is one I ended up writing the most but I didn't like they way I was writing it so I gave up.

3. The marauders, intending to humiliate Severus, get their hands on some Veritaserum. In a very public setting they drug him with truth serum and start asking him to reveal his deepest darkest secrets to half the student population. Severus is forced to reveal all the past abuse he has endured, all his fears and hopes, and the most embarrassing details about his feelings for Lily, all for the amusement of his tormenters.

4. Random light and fluffy one shot of Severus and Lily coming up with a whole string of inventive insults (dunderhead and toerag among them)

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaRegulus Murdock

I think all four of those sound really interesting. If you wanted, we have a writing section on the site where people are free to discuss their works or other works they enjoy; if you had plans for picking these back up and/or reworking them, there's plenty of people here that could help with that.

Heatherlly, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaagaNamesakesnakeRegulus Murdock

@namesakesnake I actually wrote some Merlin/Morgana. They were my second favorite pairing next to Lancelot/Guinevere… I was also super into Mordred and Gwaine.

Other than that, I'm glad Veritas Omnia Vincit helped you find the site, and I hope we can get you writing, too. Maybe you could try one of our writing challenges? They're primarily designed for drabbles and one shots, which is a great way to get your creativity flowing without the pressure/commitment of a full-length story. 💚

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaNamesakesnake

@namesakesnake you've some really good ideas and I would read your fics if you decide to follow up on them.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaNamesakesnake

@heatherlly I'll definitely have to read your Merlin fics now 😁

Maybe with you guys encouragement I'll actually become a writer, guess we will see!

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaMotanul Negru
Quote from Namesakesnake on May 3, 2023, 1:46 pm

@heatherlly I'll definitely have to read your Merlin fics now 😁

Maybe with you guys encouragement I'll actually become a writer, guess we will see!

Here's hoping, and good luck! I can barely drag myself to write anything so any extra fic writers are helpful 😉

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga
PreviousPage 2 of 2