Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Hi!

Page 1 of 4Next

Hello!

I am ZombiePotter04, (but you can call me Zombie, too 🙂 ) a 20(F) year old and I am from the Netherlands. I have been a long time Snily fan, basically since I discovered our dear Sev had been in love with Lily in Deathly Hallows (I only discovered HP in 2018, though. So, I guess it hasn't been that long, haha).

I love reading Snily fanfics and looking at Snily art (however, I am not a writer or artist myself, as I believe myself to be not that good at such things. :p)

Considering Snily fanfics, though, I am really quite picky (oops). My go-to Snily fics are fics where our dear Sev and Lily are madly in love with each other (which means Lily is as in love with Sev as he is with her). And no outside romances. 🙂 (I meant it when I said I was picky ok)

I also hate James Potter. I love to read fanfics where he is the villain, though (or where he constantly tries to get in between Sev and Lily but fails miserably cuz Lily has 0% interest in him). I also like fanfics where he isn't present/doesn't exist well enough. 🙂

(Snape has suffered in canon, so James gets to suffer in fanon, hehehehe)

The reason I've been mentioning all these preferences is because I have run out of fics to read that fit these categories and have been unable to find any new ones, so if anyone here knows of some good fics, don't hesitate to recommend/self-promo! 🙂

Aside from the fanfic stuff, I would love to get to know you all and see how you keep Sev's (and sometimes Lily's) legacies alive on this site (so happy that a place like this exists omggggg) so yay!

Toodles!
ZombiePotter04.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90SalvyusDweller Of DreamsDust CollectorJungle Jenna

Welcome into the fold @zombiepotter04. We are pleased to have you among us and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

Please be sure to check out this awesome New Member Welcome Guide which contains all the useful information and links for our new members.

If you haven't done so already, kindly do take the time and read through the rules.

Since you said you enjoy writing, check out Writing challenges. It's a good exercise and fun activity.

If you do decide to publish your writing, and I'm sure everyone would love to read it, do share it in our Story Archive.

We'd love to know more about you, why not share your Wand and Patronus with us as well?

We also have a section dedicated entirely to Snape, as well as one for general Potter stuff.

Anything you wanna ask pertaining to the website and other stuff, you can ask by PM our Professors and Headmistress or by making a post on this thread itself, we'd love to help you out.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and Salvyus have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceSalvyus

It's very nice to meet you, ZombiePotter (nice username, by the way).

If you're running out of fics to read, that might be a sign that you should start writing some that fit your own preferences. Nobody is good at writing if they don't write, LOL. I am currently trying to learn how to draw faces, and my current skill level is utterly crap. So we're in the same boat.

Practice makes perfect!

See you around!

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90SalvyusZombiePotter04
Quote from mmlf on May 7, 2024, 5:26 am

It's very nice to meet you, ZombiePotter (nice username, by the way).

If you're running out of fics to read, that might be a sign that you should start writing some that fit your own preferences. Nobody is good at writing if they don't write, LOL. I am currently trying to learn how to draw faces, and my current skill level is utterly crap. So we're in the same boat.

Practice makes perfect!

See you around!

Hi!

Thanks for the welcome (and thanks for the compliment on my username haha)!

Hmm, maybe someday I will begin writing... I have written little bits and pieces of other types of stories in the past (not snily related), but my problem has always been not being able to keep my thoughts straight. I can describe my brain as a whirlwind of imagination, but I think about things in such a quick succession that I sometimes almost forget what my previous thought was. So, my fear is not being able to keep a story consistent. Also, I wouldn't know for the life of me how to begin my story haha. But, maybe, someday, when IRL life has calmed down a bit, I will give it a try. It is true that you will never get better at writing if you don't practice. 🙂

Thanks again for the warm welcome. <3

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

Welcome@ I am a huge Snily shipper, too! They are my OTP. I am in a similar situation where I have run out of things to read. I’ll look at what I’ve read so far and see if I can make any recommendations!

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90ZombiePotter04
Quote from Jungle Jenna on May 8, 2024, 12:35 am

Welcome@ I am a huge Snily shipper, too! They are my OTP. I am in a similar situation where I have run out of things to read. I’ll look at what I’ve read so far and see if I can make any recommendations!

Ohh, that is nice of you! Thanks! <3 Btw, I posted a Snily story that I like in the fanfic recommendations recently, so maybe you could see if you'd like that one to read for yourself (if you haven't yet) 🙂

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90Jungle Jenna

Thank you, I’ll go check it out right now!

Heatherlly, mmlf and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaZombiePotter04
Quote from Jungle Jenna on May 10, 2024, 8:07 pm

In case you cannot find it for some reason, here is the link to the forum thread where I posted the fic(s) and my reviews. 🙂

https://alwayssnape.com/forum/topic/snily-fic-recommendations/?part=7

Post #65 (the most recent one, as of right now).

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90Jungle Jenna
Quote from ZombiePotter04 on May 11, 2024, 5:32 pm
Quote from Jungle Jenna on May 10, 2024, 8:07 pm

In case you cannot find it for some reason, here is the link to the forum thread where I posted the fic(s) and my reviews. 🙂

https://alwayssnape.com/forum/topic/snily-fic-recommendations/?part=7

Post #65 (the most recent one, as of right now).

Thank you for the link, I couldn’t find it earlier! I’m so excited to check it out.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaZombiePotter04
Quote from ZombiePotter04 on May 5, 2024, 8:52 pm

Hello!

I am ZombiePotter04, (but you can call me Zombie, too 🙂 ) a 20(F) year old and I am from the Netherlands. I have been a long time Snily fan, basically since I discovered our dear Sev had been in love with Lily in Deathly Hallows (I only discovered HP in 2018, though. So, I guess it hasn't been that long, haha).

I love reading Snily fanfics and looking at Snily art (however, I am not a writer or artist myself, as I believe myself to be not that good at such things. :p)

Considering Snily fanfics, though, I am really quite picky (oops). My go-to Snily fics are fics where our dear Sev and Lily are madly in love with each other (which means Lily is as in love with Sev as he is with her). And no outside romances. 🙂 (I meant it when I said I was picky ok)

I also hate James Potter. I love to read fanfics where he is the villain, though (or where he constantly tries to get in between Sev and Lily but fails miserably cuz Lily has 0% interest in him). I also like fanfics where he isn't present/doesn't exist well enough. 🙂

(Snape has suffered in canon, so James gets to suffer in fanon, hehehehe)

The reason I've been mentioning all these preferences is because I have run out of fics to read that fit these categories and have been unable to find any new ones, so if anyone here knows of some good fics, don't hesitate to recommend/self-promo! 🙂

Aside from the fanfic stuff, I would love to get to know you all and see how you keep Sev's (and sometimes Lily's) legacies alive on this site (so happy that a place like this exists omggggg) so yay!

Toodles!
ZombiePotter04.

@zombiepotter04

Due to the fact that I have similar tastes: I love Snily, especially the ones where Lily is not mean to Sev and rejects him like in the canon, and I hate James (may the fires of hell consume him 🔥), I warmly welcome you! 😃 I will look for new stories with you. Why don't you check out my list on Ao3 and Wattpad? Maybe there's something you'll like?
Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaZombiePotter04
Page 1 of 4Next