Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Hiya!

Hello everyone!

There isn't much to say about me because I'm pretty sure I would win the prize for most boring person alive if there was such a thing.

I'm a bookworm, horror movie addict and crazy cat lady. I'm a 90s kid (and probably much older than most of you?) and although I was introduced to HP as a kid, I didnt like it back then... at all. Why? Because it was literally too popular and all the hype annoyed me so I simply refused to keep up with the trend until my best friend of 18 years convinced me to give the series another try. I mean, if my bestie who is my platonic soulmate loves it, I must have gone wrong somewhere. I watched the movies first and then moved on to the books and I fell in love. I forgot about the fandom after a while though and only got back to it during the pandemic. I was stuck at home because of the lockdown, got nostalgic,  reread the books and started getting interested in the fandom's fanfics. Needless to say, Snape's my favorite character (why else would I be here?) and I love Snape-centric fics. I'm  not a writer as I lack the patience and creativity for it but I like reading (and judging) other's writing.

I'm a rather shy person though, so you most probably won't see too much of me here, except as an observer.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaMotanul NegruWinter's ShadeTimeLadyJamie

Glad to see you join the site! As you prefer reading and reviewing other's writing, we have several recommendation threads in the fanfiction forum where you can browse, or you could check out other areas like the Snape and Potterverse forums. If you have any questions, feel free to ask any of the professors.

Heatherlly, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaagaDark Angel

Welcome into the fold @darkangel. Glad to see you've joined up. I am also a 90s kid like you and I also rediscovered my love for franchise and Snape during the pandemic so I can relate to you.

You can browse the sections mentioned by @thegestaltprince and also the ones I really liked when I first joined like Snape Polls, Potter Polls.

You can ask anything regarding your queries and questions by posting in this thread or DM our Professors.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark Angel

Welcome on board @darkangel, feel free to check out the site. We have much content to enjoy including polls, metas, discussions and even fun activities. You can ask our Headmistress, Professors and myself regarding anything you want to ask. Enjoy! 💚

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel

Welcome, Dark Angel! We are really happy to have you. 🙂

A lot of Snape fans skew older. I was a teenager for most of the 90s (Gen X AF), and I've interacted with quite a few fans who are in their 50s and 60s. I think it's because Snape is such a complex/nuanced character, one who is appreciated (and more easily understood) by people with more emotional depth/maturity, not to mention life experience. That's not to say that younger fans can't appreciate, but again, those fans tend to be emotionally mature/old soul types.

Anyway, feel free to jump in wherever you like, or you're welcome to lurk if that's more comfortable for you. Either way, we're glad to have you… please don't hesitate to let us know if you have questions/need any help. 🙂

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel

Welcome to the community, Dark Angel! 😀

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel