Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Least Favourite Snape Pairings?

Least favourite Snape pairings?
Snotter (Snape/James)
Snack (Snape/Sirius)
Snupin (Snape/Lupin)
Snumbledore (Snape/Dumbledore)
Snilch (Snape/Filch)
Sniddle (Snape/Voldemort)
Snarry (Snape/Harry)
Snily (Snape/Lily)
Snamione (Snape/Hermione)
Snuna (Snape/Luna)
Snonks (Snape/Tonks)
Snucius (Snape/Lucius)
Snarcissa (Snape/Narcissa)
Snegulus (Snape/Regulus)
SnOC (Snape/Original Character)
Snagonagall (Snape/McGonagall)
Snoppy (Snape/Poppy)
Snand (Snape/Hand)
Other (Please explain in comment)
None
PreviousPage 2 of 5Next

Exactly! Really why I don't ship the fanon ones - they all have a level of toxicity that Severus does not need in his life. I'd rather see him single than subject himself to that. He's been through enough in his life already 💔

Like, give me canon pairings in a platonic sense....romantic? Hard pass!

Krystal, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaagaDark AngelBitterBritSalvyus
Quote from SanctuaryAngel on August 10, 2023, 3:17 am

Exactly! Really why I don't ship the fanon ones - they all have a level of toxicity that Severus does not need in his life. I'd rather see him single than subject himself to that. He's been through enough in his life already 💔

Like, give me canon pairings in a platonic sense....romantic? Hard pass!

Yeah, I'd rather read a good healthy platonic friendship over toxic romance for Snape any day. 😸

SanctuaryAngel, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelKrystalBitterBritJaySMSalvyus
Quote from SanctuaryAngel on August 10, 2023, 1:54 am

I don't understand why he needs to be thrown with toxic ones (95% of them, really).

For the angst, of course hah. I wouldn't read Snape/Marauder, but I sometimes feel like reading Snape/Bellatrix or some toxic OC lol

The ship I loathe most has to be Snarry. I've given it a shot because I know there are some good Snarry fics, but... just no.

There's so much wrong with this ship... Snape and Harry are gay, and I don't see either of them being anything other than straight. It's a teacher/student relationship, and Snape is quite literally the age of Harry's parents and was friends with his mother.

P.S. If anyone here reads Snarry, please don't feel offended. The things I read are just as fucked up

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamDark AngelGhostBitterBritInterwovenMadness
Quote from Naaga on August 10, 2023, 12:31 am

I voted for obviously what most if not all of us voted, Marauders, Dumbledore, McGonagall etc with exception of Lily.

I think everyone have explained the reasons for not liking them and I won't go into details why I don't like them otherwise I may end up offending many people, I am open to PM in these discussions about why I don't like certain characters.

"Snand" is a fun pairing because hand are men's best friend in loneliness, you can call it self-sufficiency. 😹😹

Severus x happiness, and with a partner, a healthy relationship 🥰 I don't understand why he needs to be thrown with toxic ones (95% of them, really).

This!

What matters is that he is happy and that does not always have to be in a romantic way. There's happiness in platonic relationships as well, that's why I like it when fics have him befriend his colleagues.

Canon pairings may work out with less known characters because they are practically OCs. I do like shipping him with Charity because I would like to think that there was more to her plea for help than just him being the only acquaintance in the room.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamBitterBritSalvyus
Quote from Dark Angel on August 10, 2023, 3:09 pm

I voted for obviously what most if not all of us voted, Marauders, Dumbledore, McGonagall etc with exception of Lily.

I think everyone have explained the reasons for not liking them and I won't go into details why I don't like them otherwise I may end up offending many people, I am open to PM in these discussions about why I don't like certain characters.

"Snand" is a fun pairing because hand are men's best friend in loneliness, you can call it self-sufficiency. 😹😹

Severus x happiness, and with a partner, a healthy relationship 🥰 I don't understand why he needs to be thrown with toxic ones (95% of them, really).

This!

What matters is that he is happy and that does not always have to be in a romantic way. There's happiness in platonic relationships as well, that's why I like it when fics have him befriend his colleagues.

Canon pairings may work out with less known characters because they are practically OCs. I do like shipping him with Charity because I would like to think that there was more to her plea for help than just him being the only acquaintance in the room.

Ah, a fellow Snarity fan! I definitely think there was something between them.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalSalvyus

Thirded! As a rarepair, I am fond of Snarity, though I need to read more fics with them. I love the idea of her.

I did write a smutty oneshot with them once, and I have plans for another oneshot.

Krystal, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaagaDark AngelBitterBritSalvyus

I absolutely agree with you that is why I voted Severus x Oc.
I'm sorry but the other pairings either don't convince me or were toxic for Severus.
He only deserves so much happiness and to be loved, cared for and protected 🥹❤️

SanctuaryAngel, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelKrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

I definitely see many of Snape's canon relationships being unhealthy as they transpired; one of the beauties of fanfiction is exploring what could have been (hopefully while staying true to characterization and seeing how well that plays out). Now, there are some ships that I don't see happening due to how unhealthy/hostile the relationships are (or even personal taste), but that's more to do with my read of Snape and not someone else's.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelKrystalNaagaDark AngelBitterBritSalvyusZain

Adding on @thegestaltprince post, I and other members only expressed our personal views, not a general consensus and we don't wish to hurt anyone's sentiments and we urge you to not feel that way.

My creation of the poll was just a meant to be a fun exercise and not any attempt to discriminate or bash anyone's ship. I apologise if my or any other member's views have hurt anyone's sentiments about their ships.

Feel free to ship anyone with Snape and post content about your ships. I want us to be open about discussions yet respect others' opinion for healthy discussions.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelBitterBritSalvyus

On my end is basically any pairing with female characters (canon and OCs) because insecurities and jealously of a self shipper with very low self esteem :B Like I posted on my selfshipping blog: I rather have my men gay (or bi and have me in between) hah...

I was a hard Snupin shipper on my early years on the fandom now that I remember 🤔 but nah, not shipping him with the Marauders neither

Heatherlly, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaagaSalvyus
PreviousPage 2 of 5Next