Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Least Favourite Snape Pairings?

Least favourite Snape pairings?
Snotter (Snape/James)
Snack (Snape/Sirius)
Snupin (Snape/Lupin)
Snumbledore (Snape/Dumbledore)
Snilch (Snape/Filch)
Sniddle (Snape/Voldemort)
Snarry (Snape/Harry)
Snily (Snape/Lily)
Snamione (Snape/Hermione)
Snuna (Snape/Luna)
Snonks (Snape/Tonks)
Snucius (Snape/Lucius)
Snarcissa (Snape/Narcissa)
Snegulus (Snape/Regulus)
SnOC (Snape/Original Character)
Snagonagall (Snape/McGonagall)
Snoppy (Snape/Poppy)
Snand (Snape/Hand)
Other (Please explain in comment)
None
PreviousPage 5 of 5
Quote from Naaga on June 21, 2024, 10:40 pm
Quote from Heatherlly on June 21, 2024, 8:13 pm

Sorry for not clarifying. I was talking about the Spinner's End chapter in HBP where he takes the Unbreakable Vow.

If you're interested, there's some great analysis of that scene in this thread.

I know there's at least one other thread where the interactions between him and Narcissa are discussed in depth, though I can't remember which one it was. @naaga, do you remember? We were discussing the sexual tension (or lack thereof) between the two of them.

It was from Snape Headcanons thread. 😸

Your interpretation is right here.

Yes! I would very much like to read an analysis on this, so thank you for the links! <3

The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga
Quote from Heatherlly on June 21, 2024, 8:13 pm

Sorry for not clarifying. I was talking about the Spinner's End chapter in HBP where he takes the Unbreakable Vow.

If you're interested, there's some great analysis of that scene in this thread.

I know there's at least one other thread where the interactions between him and Narcissa are discussed in depth, though I can't remember which one it was. @naaga, do you remember? We were discussing the sexual tension (or lack thereof) between the two of them.

OK, I've read your post in that thread about the lack of sexual tension between Sev and Narcissa. However, you didn't provide a counter-argument to the argument that was stated earlier in the thread saying that Narcissa knew her way around Sev's house. And, because Lucius wouldn't be caught dead in Spinner's End, the person with this argument assumed that she would thus have gone there alone. It has been quite a while since I read the book version of the scene and when I imagine it, I always see the film version appear in my head, which excludes this part. I also never saw the bond between Narcissa/the Malfoys and Severus as sexual in any way. I always considered them having more of a brother/sister type bond (if it is genuine on Sev's part, because, like you stated, he has a role to play).

Basically, I noticed that point (Narcissa knowing her way around Sev's place) and didn't see you provide a counter-argument (albeit I didn't scroll all up to the present, so apologies if I've missed it) and, if you have one, I would be really interested in hearing your counter-argument, as you made some really good points on the other things in the scene!

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

I don't think I have a least favourite pairing.

Any pairing that sparks inspiration within the fandom is precious to me, no matter whether I myself agree or disagree with it.

Personally, I prefer to see Severus as ace, with Lucius or Lucius & Narcissa taking care of the occasional carnal craving.

The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga
Unfortunately, I only recognize Snily and, a bit, Severitus. I avoid the rest of the couples (I know, I know, I probably miss a lot of interesting stories because of this). My heart hurts when Snamione flashes before my eyes (sometimes I see suggestions for such groups on Facebook). :( But all in all, it would still be unbearable. I even read fragments of fanfiction where Severus loses his memory and becomes involved with the toxic and false Lily, not remembering that a moment earlier he was in a happy relationship with Hermione. But I didn't get there far. 

I can't imagine EVER IN MY LIFE combining Sev+James! ://///// Hell will freeze over soon!
Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga
I also find it irritating when Sev and James become friends. Well, it doesn't appeal to me and I don't think it's possible at all. :/
Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDust Collector
PreviousPage 5 of 5