Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Where in the World Do You Live?

Where in the World Do You Live?
Africa
Asia
Australia
Europe
North America
South America
PreviousPage 2 of 7Next

I was a kid when I visited so I don't remember much but I remember going to the Miami Beach, visiting Disney World in Orlando and sightseeing in cities of Miami and Orlando.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

Funny thing is, I've only been to Disney as many times as you have (once), and I've never been anywhere near Miami. 😂 Florida is a big state, and I'm originally from/have mostly lived in the northern part. I did live in central Florida for a few years when I was little, but that's still a long way from Miami/South Florida in general.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

I had no idea Florida was that huge. I mostly remember Miami whenever I hear about the Florida.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

Florida is technically bigger than the entire country of England. 🙂

Having said that, the main reason I've never been to Miami has more to do with bias than anything else. Parts of our state are so different in terms of culture, lifestyle, environment, etc… Native Floridians tend to develop very strong preferences.

In my case, I don't like large, touristy cities, theme parks, or overdevelopment in general. The part of the state I'm from is much more natural/not nearly as heavily populated.

Also, the tourist thing bothers me. I don't mind tourists themselves, but I hate that they hardly ever get to see the rest of the state and all the beautiful things it has to offer. Florida = Disney/Universal Studios in most people's minds, when the reality is, we are so much more than that.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

Now, I am curious, I am planning to visit US sometime in the winters and possibly explore more than the tourist spots and places. Pardon my ignorance, you actually put some really good points in favour of Florida as a whole and the diversity within the state. I feel same within my country where cultures, lifestyle, food and languages actually change within both states and the country the more you explore.

Oh no, I don't think you're ignorant at all! I'm sure you know way more about the US than I do about India… I was just trying to clarify my reasons for never going to Miami. 🙂

If you do visit and happen to come to Florida (or a few of the surrounding states I know well), I'd be happy to give you recommendations on places to go. There are so many hidden treasures in this area of the country, places that aren't well-known to anyone other than locals.

Also, I'd love to learn more about India. While I've always enjoyed the food, music, and culture, I know my experience is generalized/severely lacking. Anything you'd like to share, by all means, feel free. 💚

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaZombiePotter04

Thank you, I will check up with your recommendations when I make my travel itinerary for the travel plans.

Yes, we have a lot more diversity to offer than mere North Indian food(it is face of Indian cuisine in the West), Bollywood and the generalized portrayal of the Indians in Hollywood movies and I will be glad to answer any question pertaining to us.

Quote from Naaga on March 3, 2023, 1:01 am

Now, I am curious, I am planning to visit US sometime in the winters and possibly explore more than the tourist spots and places. Pardon my ignorance, you actually put some really good points in favour of Florida as a whole and the diversity within the state. I feel same within my country where cultures, lifestyle, food and languages actually change within both states and the country the more you explore.

Yes, we have a sizeable Indian heritage population in the UK, and apparently not all of what's marketed as Indian cuisine is really reflective of the actual country!

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga
Quote from mmlf on March 3, 2023, 6:30 am

Yes, we have a sizeable Indian heritage population in the UK, and apparently not all of what's marketed as Indian cuisine is really reflective of the actual country!

Yes, we have a lot more to offer. I have visited the Indian restaurants in many countries and mostly North Indian and some South Indian dishes are present in their menus so you might be familiar with those food items.

Hahaha, as a New Zealander I can't believe you've made me click Australia in the poll. That's cruel and unusual punishment. So far the distribution is not surprising.

New Zealand is nice an temperate, it rarely gets above 25C where I live. Unlike where I am now! In Thailand on holiday and it is 35C every day at least, and all the locals tell me it's not hot yet. Yikes!

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalYampamSalvyus
PreviousPage 2 of 7Next