Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Site Updates/Technical Stuff

PreviousPage 2 of 11Next

I've switched to Dark Theme, logged out and logged back in on my laptop and phone, and they're both staying so far. I had the same issue as GP before.

Heatherlly and The Gestalt Prince have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt Prince

As I'm sure you've noticed, I'm working on a layout update. Please let me know if you run into any issues – I'm currently on a huge gaming monitor, so I have no way of testing on smaller screens. 🙂

The Gestalt Prince has reacted to this post.
The Gestalt Prince

At the top of this page, there are the five tabs saying "Forum, Profile, Subscriptions, Activity, Log Out", which I honestly think could be merged with the side tabs under the website title; Forum, Profile, and Log Out are redundant, so if you added Subscriptions and Activity to the side tabs, you could just get rid of the tabs at the top entirely.

Heatherlly has reacted to this post.
Heatherlly

I agree that the links aren't needed, but there are several issues with removing the top bar:

• The side menu is fixed, meaning that it doesn't scroll with the page. I like this because the links are available at all times, but the downside is that you can't add too many or they'll get cut off.
  • The top bar is hardcoded as part of the forum plugin. While I can remove it, I'd have to do it every time there's a new update as the changes would be overwritten.
  • I could remove it with CSS, which wouldn't be affected by updates. That's the easiest solution, though it would mean losing the search bar, too.
  • I just checked, and the forum looks better with the bar than without it.

The only other option is to get rid of the links individually while keeping the bar. I can't do that via CSS, however, so I'd need to remove the specific code whenever there's an update.

mmlf and The Gestalt Prince have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt Prince

Looking good! Dark theme working fine with the new layout from my end. Also, navigation on the side is actually better.

Heatherlly and The Gestalt Prince have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt Prince

Thanks! Yeah, I'm kind of in love with the side menu and the new logo. It looks a lot better, and it's nice to have those links available no matter how far down you are on the page.

I still need to sort out the homepage, and I'd like to add more options to the forum post editor. I'd like us to have different text sizes available, and it would be nice to have a dark option to go with the dark theme.

That part is a bit tricky due to how the forum plugin is set up, but I'll see what I can do. Regardless, improvements should be completed within the next few days.

After that, I'll focus more on promotion and post our first writing challenge. Exciting things to come! 🙂

mmlfThe Gestalt Prince

@thegestaltprince I see you discovered the stalker page. 😂

mmlfThe Gestalt Prince
Quote from Heatherlly on January 23, 2023, 6:10 pm

@thegestaltprince I see you discovered the stalker page. 😂

Oh yes. Yes, I have

Heatherlly and mmlf have reacted to this post.
Heatherllymmlf

Front page is done!

If anyone wants to help keep the fanfiction recommendations updated, please let me know. I'm thinking it would be best to add a new story once every 1-2 weeks.

mmlfThe Gestalt Prince
Quote from Heatherlly on January 24, 2023, 1:39 pm

Front page is done!

If anyone wants to help keep the fanfiction recommendations updated, please let me know. I'm thinking it would be best to add a new story once every 1-2 weeks.

For recommendations, would you be the one posting them, or would we?

mmlf has reacted to this post.
mmlf
PreviousPage 2 of 11Next