Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Site Updates/Technical Stuff

PreviousPage 3 of 11Next

I was hoping that someone else could do it while I focus on the artwork section. Switching out artwork is more complicated and requires admin access, while the blog and fanfiction sections are easier/more accessible. Basically, it's no different than the forum… this is what the "Submit Post" page looks like: https://alwayssnape.com/post/

That said, sending me links would still be helpful, even if you don't want to post. Totally up to you!

mmlf and The Gestalt Prince have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt Prince

I wouldn't mind posting fanfic recs if it helps out. I just posted a rec for "Letters From The Dark", and all I really need to figure out is how to tag it properly. And to be consistent, I would stick to the 1-2 week waiting period for all future recs.

Heatherlly and mmlf have reacted to this post.
Heatherllymmlf

You are amazing. Thank you!

As far as tagging… I need to add that option back to the editor. Once I do, the only tags you need to worry about are characters and ships (where applicable). No need to tag every character/ship in the story, just the primary ones.

Also, you can find the submit and edit post links in the "Posting to Our Blog" thread, which is stickied in all forums. I'll see if I can add them to the top bar and/or profile so they're more accessible for you.

EDIT: Tags option has been added.

mmlfThe Gestalt Prince

I've installed a different forum plugin with additional features. Not sure if I'll want to replace this one just yet, but I do want to try it out and see what we think. If you're up for helping, please keep an eye on this thread. I'll get it set up/post the link in the next couple days.

NOTE: If we do end up switching, I'll export all our content to the other plugin (i.e. no threads or posts will be lost).

The Gestalt Prince has reacted to this post.
The Gestalt Prince

Error establishing a database connection

This error has been popping up a lot lately. Usually, it goes away after a refresh, but it's still annoying and hurts our traffic.

After some troubleshooting, I'm fairly certain it's due to insufficient resources (CPU and memory). I'll be upgrading our server to address this, which may result in an hour or two of downtime this afternoon. Once that's done, you should see this error less often (hopefully rarely/never). If not, I'll look into other solutions.

mmlfThe Gestalt Prince

Upgrade complete! If you continue to see errors, can you let me know in this thread?

EDIT: Is it just me, or is the site loading faster?

mmlfThe Gestalt Prince

Loading way faster from mobile

Heatherlly has reacted to this post.
Heatherlly

Yeah, it's fast as hell on desktop. 😃

The Gestalt Prince

New default avatar, which is our site icon. If you'd like to upload one of your own, you can do so via your profile. 🙂

The Gestalt Prince

The stalker page automatically refreshes every minute, so I've been using that to monitor the errors. Before the upgrade, I was getting one every hour or two. I've had it open ever since the upgrade (about 12 hours now), and I haven't seen a single error. 🙂

That doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen again, but at the very least, the problem has been drastically reduced.

Now that we've got that sorted, I'll get back to working on other things such as setting up our (possible) new forum plugin. Also, our first writing challenge will be posted later today, so stay tuned for that!

mmlfThe Gestalt Prince
PreviousPage 3 of 11Next