Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Weekly Discussion: Favoritism

PreviousPage 20 of 25Next

Honest answer: I assume he would have not only been even more protective, but also a lot less mean. He knows Harry's the son of Lily and James, however, Snape is a man of logic (most of the time), so he also understands that Harry is his own person. Harry looked a lot like James, which made it easy for Snape to projected his hate for James onto Harry (even more than by just knowing he's Jame's son). Had Harry been a girl with Lily's features, he'd have been able to project more of Lily onto her. Ofc, that would have made him treat her more nicely. Maybe she even would have been his favorite student, though he still would have had some bits of resentment, because when Voldemort wanted to kill Harry, he begged Voldemort to spare (only) Lily's life. Probably that was obvious (?).

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelBitterBritInterwovenMadnessSalvyus

I mostly agree with @noctivagant I also imagine that he would be even more protective of her but instead of making her a victim to his grudge against James Potter, she would be his constant reminder of he had gotten his best friend killed, a mini version of Lily that haunts him like a ghost. I think he would do his best to ignore her during lessons and try to avoid looking into Lily's face. He wouldn't give her failing grades but he most probably wouldn't even call on her because interacting with the child would be way too painful for him.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaBitterBritInterwovenMadnessSalvyus

I agree with @noctivagant and @darkangel over Snape's treatment of fem Harry, learning towards latter's reason.

A Lily like child would be too painful remainder for Snape and he would more likely to avoid her. He would feel more protective towards her and certainly won't be out for her blood like he did with Harry.

And one thing he won't absolutely do, grooming or preying on Lily's daughter which Snaters often assume he would do.

SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceDark AngelBitterBritInterwovenMadnessSalvyus
Quote from Naaga on July 29, 2023, 11:26 am

I agree with @noctivagant and @darkangel over Snape's treatment of fem Harry, learning towards latter's reason.

A Lily like child would be too painful remainder for Snape and he would more likely to avoid her. He would feel more protective towards her and certainly won't be out for her blood like he did with Harry.

And one thing he won't absolutely do, grooming or preying on Lily's daughter which Snaters often assume he would do.

Ah, yes, I completely forgot to add that I wouldn't expect our dear Professor to go full pedo in this scenario. If he seriously was going to replace Lily with a little version of her, he would have done so with Ginny.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyus

A "true" inversion, i.e. mini-Lily with James' eyes? I think Snape would try to interact with her as little as possible. She would give him an effect akin to the uncanny valley, a replica of Lily's appearance during the time when they were best friends, but her eyes would be... just wrong.

But if she kept Lily's eyes, down to basically being a perfect clone? He would likely treat her as one of his Slytherins; looking out for her, and treating her respectfully unlike with Harry. He wouldn't try to be outright friendly close, that would be kinda weird, at most he might fulfill a mentoring role if she decided to seek him out for questions and similar.

SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaBitterBritInterwovenMadnessSalvyus
Quote from FIQ on July 31, 2023, 5:28 am

A "true" inversion, i.e. mini-Lily with James' eyes? I think Snape would try to interact with her as little as possible. She would give him an effect akin to the uncanny valley, a replica of Lily's appearance during the time when they were best friends, but her eyes would be... just wrong.

But if she kept Lily's eyes, down to basically being a perfect clone? He would likely treat her as one of his Slytherins; looking out for her, and treating her respectfully unlike with Harry. He wouldn't try to be outright friendly close, that would be kinda weird, at most he might fulfill a mentoring role if she decided to seek him out for questions and similar.

I feel a true inversion would be a girl with appearance of Lily with James' eyes and personality like purely arrogant, infuriating and exactly being like he perceived canon Harry. In that scenario, I feel he would treat her like he treated Harry.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceDark AngelInterwovenMadnessSalvyus

27. What is Snape's weirdest choice as a character, something that either doesn't make sense, or something that would make sense for another character?

Krystal, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaagaDark AngelInterwovenMadnessSalvyus

Joining the Death Eaters in an attempt to impress Lily, this is supposedly Rowling's explanation and nothing in canon proves it but it's ridiculous. At least it would be better to clarify that he joined due to his blood status, lack of other powerful connections and his precarious financial situation.

During their last talk in front of the Gryffindor tower entrance, Lily makes it clear that if he sticks with the Death Eaters, he will be walking down a different path than hers and he doesn't deny this. Rowling's statement that he chose Mulciber over Lily rings true much better than the excuse that he wanted to impress her.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaGiorgiaBitterBritSalvyus
Quote from Dark Angel on August 6, 2023, 10:39 am

Joining the Death Eaters in an attempt to impress Lily, this is supposedly Rowling's explanation and nothing in canon proves it but it's ridiculous. At least it would be better to clarify that he joined due to his blood status, lack of other powerful connections and his precarious financial situation.

During their last talk in front of the Gryffindor tower entrance, Lily makes it clear that if he sticks with the Death Eaters, he will be walking down a different path than hers and he doesn't deny this. Rowling's statement that he chose Mulciber over Lily rings true much better than the excuse that he wanted to impress her.

I agree in everything.
And shall we talk about the statement made again by Rowling where she stated that Lily would have chosen Severus if he had not joined the Death Eaters?
If he had known, I think he would have jumped off the Astronomy tower at 20😂.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelBitterBritInterwovenMadnessSalvyus
Quote from Giorgia on August 6, 2023, 11:30 am
Quote from Dark Angel on August 6, 2023, 10:39 am

I agree in everything.
And shall we talk about the statement made again by Rowling where she stated that Lily would have chosen Severus if he had not joined the Death Eaters?
If he had known, I think he would have jumped off the Astronomy tower at 20😂.

Snape's reaction after learning this 😹:

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelGiorgia
PreviousPage 20 of 25Next