Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Snape Fanfic Recommendations (General/Miscellaneous)

PreviousPage 5 of 6Next

Story's End

By Discipulapauper

Bad beginnings often beget bad endings. Severus Snape spent much of his adult life trying to change this. For one girl, he was successful.

The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga

Advice from an Old-timer

Summary:

Severus wasn't formally trained as a spy by either side. Luckily for him, someone noticed and took him in hand. Marty might be old, but that didn't mean he couldn't help the younger generation.

The Gestalt Prince, Dark Angel and Salvyus have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceDark AngelSalvyus

St. Mungo's Grim Reaper

Summary:

Submission to the Bring Back the Bastard fest at the Deeply Horrible comm on LJ. For margi_lynn's prompt: "During the first war, Snape pulled shifts at St. Mungo's to make up for their overwork. Most of the time he does help the healers. But what about the times he doesn't? Why those people?"

The Gestalt Prince and Dark Angel have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceDark Angel

Secret Keeper

ermalope

Summary:

Dumbledore suggests Severus Snape as Secret Keeper for the Potters, which is awkward all around. AU

The Gestalt Prince, Dark Angel and Zain have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceDark AngelZain

Bubble Gum and Broken Heels

Ms. Anthrop

"The black haired boy reminded Alice rather strongly of a snarling gargoyle; his face was a study in hard, angry angles, and his body was hunched protectively over a study carrel like the numerous chimera that lurked high upon the outer walls of Hogwarts." The unlikely friendship between Alice Longbottom & Severus Snape; a prequel to 'Hallelujah'.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Salvyus have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyus

Go the Distance

kenner

Summary:

When everything seems to go wrong at the end of his fourth year at Hogwarts, Severus finds himself in a place he wouldn't have expected

It's sadly abandoned, but I feel is worth the read regardless. Also, a warning for corporal punishment

Naaga and Dark Angel have reacted to this post.
NaagaDark Angel

The Best Revenge

Arsinoe de Blassenville

This is one of the first Mentor! Snape fics that I have read. Severus delivers Harry's letter and realizes that his relatives don't treat him well, he improves Harry's living conditions with the help of Minerva and once Harry gets to Hogwarts he makes friends with students from all houses, yes, also Slytherin. The fic has a fix-it-all approach and is mostly fluff. Sadly the author passed away due to cancer back in 2016.

The Best Revenge: Time of the Basilisk

Part 2 of the story. Eventual Snarity pairing that is addressed in both parts iirc @sanctuaryangel you wanted some recs?

SanctuaryAngel, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelNaagaSalvyusZain

The Eternal Point

Plurble

Harry is sorted into Slytherin, run by a Severus Snape who is stern, unyielding, and who cares for his students fiercely. Life can be strange when you're a Slytherin, but that's not stopping them. Warnings at start of first chapter. Complete.

Slytherin Harry with Mentor Snape. The little snakes actually behave like children instead of little terrorists in the making. Snape is actually a good teacher, strict but very capable.

Trigger Warning: contains (mild) corporal punishment of students

I'm not caught up because I stopped reading this fic a year ago and was reminded of it through a rec, features a Snape and Minerva friendship and Snarity (not very prominently though)

SanctuaryAngel, Naaga and Salvyus have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelNaagaSalvyus

Birds of a Feather

wolfwillow

After Fawkes saves Severus Snape in the Shrieking Shack, the phoenix decides to stick around, whether Severus likes it or not.

A delightful mix of comedy and action set in a (very recent) post-war world where Snape pretends to be dead and leaves with the goal to never return. Nah. Never. Ever. Fate can go screw itself. Along the way, he makes friends and finds himself.

I really enjoyed the interaction between Snape and Fawkes.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaYampamDark AngelSalvyus
Quote from Zain on August 13, 2023, 2:35 am

Birds of a Feather

wolfwillow

After Fawkes saves Severus Snape in the Shrieking Shack, the phoenix decides to stick around, whether Severus likes it or not.

A delightful mix of comedy and action set in a (very recent) post-war world where Snape pretends to be dead and leaves with the goal to never return. Nah. Never. Ever. Fate can go screw itself. Along the way, he makes friends and finds himself.

I really enjoyed the interaction between Snape and Fawkes.

OMG, Zain you joined the site, awesome! I follow your fics and really like them. 😸

I'm having a fanboy moment. 😸

Edit: Please check out the awesome New member welcome guide and introduce yourself in the Introduction thread so we can get to know you.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceDark AngelSalvyusZain
PreviousPage 5 of 6Next