Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Snape Fanfic Recommendations (General/Miscellaneous)

PreviousPage 6 of 6

Surrender

By myself (SanctuaryAngel) and SerenaEW

Harry ends his life within the Veil after losing Sirius, and Severus spends every day visiting, wondering if he should follow.

Podfic collaboration between myself and a friend of mine, for a podfic fest, now finally online!

Warning of dark themes, mental health/suicidal themes. 🖤

As a podfic, it is best listened along with headphones as the audio contained many immersive SFX.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

Turncoat

Summary:

Severus Snape finds being a Death Eater lacklustre and disappointing. That's not a very convincing reason to change sides, even to him. The great Albus Dumbledore needs something a bit more sentimental to be convinced.

Krystal, Dark Angel and Salvyus have reacted to this post.
KrystalDark AngelSalvyus

Maybe, Probably and Absolutley Not

Snuffly22

A mentor Snape story set before Harry goes to Hogwarts and Snape tries to improve his life with the Dursleys employing a kind of Slythering cunning that can be summed up as "stoop to conquer" and because I use that approach to get my way as well, I highly approve. I usually read angsty stuff but this is more of a fluffy story.

Severus Snape in canon seems to be continually unhappy, bitter, cruel and regretful. This story however imagines what might happen if some years after the end of the first wizarding war, he gradually starts to heal, and to come to terms with past events. Does he become a better person? Is he a redeemed, nicer, cuddlier, friendlier Snape? Well, yes (somewhat). In this story, Snape faces up to his own mistakes, is more self-aware and has more fun along the way. While doing all of this, he enhances his own life and the lives of others who become close to him, including Harry Potter.

This story is told in first person from Snape’s POV in journal form, with his own particular brand of snarky humour running through the narrative as he describes the two years leading up to Harry Potter's arrival at Hogwarts. The first few pages are a preamble which cover Snape's early years as a teacher, and then the main story begins.

SanctuaryAngel, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelKrystalNaagaSalvyus

As the Death Wishes

Inheartofwinter

Severus commits unexist, Lily does the unthinkable in return because of a letter left by Severus.

A tragic story, though the author implied a rather ambigous ending so take that as you will. It was a good read, though I am of an opinion that in canon such an event would have been just swept under the rug. Have a great day, everyone.

Quote from Sam on October 8, 2023, 1:23 pm

As the Death Wishes

Inheartofwinter

Severus commits unexist, Lily does the unthinkable in return because of a letter left by Severus.

A tragic story, though the author implied a rather ambigous ending so take that as you will. It was a good read, though I am of an opinion that in canon such an event would have been just swept under the rug. Have a great day, everyone.

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed it and I love how it can be interpreted in multiple ways, kudos to the author.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSalvyusSam

I'd like to think that Snape faked his death, didn't leave a suicide note, and then freaked out when he heard about what happened at Hogwarts

Krystal, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyusSam

My personal favorite interpretation is that there never was a suicide note, that's why no one else saw it: not the teachers and not the aurors. Lily made that up in her mind as a coping mechanism or simply as a manifestation of her guilty conscience. The Marauders are the only ones to find it because of course they'd be snooping around and there's some lovely irony in having James hand over his own

spoiler
death sentence

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSalvyusSam

Hey, that's the beauty of a good story. Though, I am still of the opinion that Severus did pass away in this story.

Let Me Be

Summary:

It was happenstance, this meeting.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelSalvyus
PreviousPage 6 of 6