Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Snape Headcanons

PreviousPage 4 of 12Next

I'm sure I'm not the only one who believes this, but I headcanon that Severus invented Sectumsempra as a direct response to the Werewolf Incident. I think he was trying to come up with a spell that would be more effective against werewolves, which might explain why the damage is more physical rather than magical in nature.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamMotanul NegruTimeLadyJamieInterwovenMadnessSalvyusCharlotteRhea

Yeees! IIRC a werewolf is something he'd fling lethal magic at with more ease than most anything else.

And I like the idea of werewolves being resistant to common dueling spells, keeps them threatening to the average wizard. I wrote a character confronting a loose werewolf and they use the Incarcerous, but I have it failing because werewolf anything is cursed, fur included; and it breaks the conjured cords.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga
Quote from Motanul Negru on April 21, 2023, 8:41 am

Yeees! IIRC a werewolf is something he'd fling lethal magic at with more ease than most anything else.

And I like the idea of werewolves being resistant to common dueling spells, keeps them threatening to the average wizard. I wrote a character confronting a loose werewolf and they use the Incarcerous, but I have it failing because werewolf anything is cursed, fur included; and it breaks the conjured cords.

I headcanon it too. You need some serious dark stuff inflicting physical permanent damage to deal with Werewolves. They came with a magic resistant fur similar to magic resistance of the giants.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalMotanul Negru
Quote from Heatherlly on April 21, 2023, 8:28 am

I'm sure I'm not the only one who believes this, but I headcanon that Severus invented Sectumsempra as a direct response to the Werewolf Incident. I think he was trying to come up with a spell that would be more effective against werewolves, which might explain why the damage is more physical rather than magical in nature.

I also believe that it's invention came as a response to the 'Prank'. Following that, there is the question of why Snape invented that spell.

The use of Sectumsempra by Snape has been likened quite a few times by other fans as akin to a bullied and desperate child bringing a knife to school to protect himself, and I find this interpretation quite plausible. We know that Snape was bullied for at least 6 years, and while the teachers likely tried to intervene in some way by giving detentions to his abusers, it’s clear that it had little to no effect. So, Snape felt he had no choice but to defend himself against his enemies, and like Harry who understandably doesn’t trust adults and authority figures, decided to deal with his issues himself.

As a side note, I find it interesting that The Half-Blood Prince invented a spell that mimics a sword of all things, and became proficient in it enough to be recognized for it.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalMotanul NegruInterwovenMadness

i really like the idea that he smokes when he is out of Hogwarts or is alone

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSeverus SnapeCelaena Isabel
Quote from Regulus Murdock on April 30, 2023, 12:52 pm

i really like the idea that he smokes when he is out of Hogwarts or is alone

This has always been one of my headcanons. Smoking was ubiquitous during the 60s-90s, especially in the working class, Muggle environment where he grew up. It also suits his personality… he's definitely "chain smoking while brooding" type.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaRegulus MurdockInterwovenMadness

for sure

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

I headcanon that Snape was competitive as a Professor and made bets with other professors like McGonagall on winning house cup, quidditch cups and no of OWLs in the students.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalMotanul NegruInterwovenMadness

Here's some of my headcanons:

.He gathers his own potions ingredients because the quality is always the best when he does it himself and he legit loves traveling the world and being by himself. (He also strikes me as the type of not wanting to spend money on something he can do/get himself)

.He's autistic.

.According to pottermore he's a natural leginimens. So, piggybacking off this, sometimes he gets very overwhelmed by his natural abilities (I imagine it gets very overwhelming hearing other people's thoughts all the time!) And just...kinda needs a quiet day away from people.

I got more but I thought I'd be best to start with just a few.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaInterwovenMadness
Quote from Naaga on May 19, 2023, 5:05 am

I headcanon that Snape was competitive as a Professor and made bets with other professors like McGonagall on winning house cup, quidditch cups and no of OWLs in the students.

That works well with Professor McGonagall's professed shame at meeting Professor Snape's eyes after Slytherin won the House Cup (I think? Or Quidditch?) in the year before Harry.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaInterwovenMadnessSalvyus
PreviousPage 4 of 12Next