Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Snape Headcanons

PreviousPage 5 of 12Next

Here are my own personal Severus headcanons so far:

1. Severus won the Felix Felicis at school by brewing a perfect Draught of Living Death and used it to ask Voldemort to spare Lily
  2. Severus would always tell his Slytherins off in private, not on public display. He would give them a harsh talking-to if he saw them step out of line.
  3. Severus packed up his belongings from his home and his office because he knew he’d likely not make it out of the Second War alive.
  4. Severus hangs out a lot with the Thestrals because they are easier to deal with than people.
  5. Severus was bullied by his own House in hopes of ‘toughening him up’, hence why we don’t see any Slytherin jump to his defence when bullied by the Marauders.
  6. Severus convinced Voldemort to try and recruit Lily to the DEs/work with them when he asked her to spare her life.
  7. The Sorting Hat told Severus that he’d be good in Gryffindor for his courage and bravery, but after his interaction with James and Sirius on the train ride there, it was an immediate ‘NOPE’ to that. Slytherin was always his goal.
  8. The Werewolf Incident - Sirius told Severus that Lily was in danger and went to the shack, hence why Severus risked himself to go in and save her, not knowing it was a set-up.
  9. Severus doesn’t touch alcohol because of his father
  10. Every year hewished to gain the DADA position in hopes of an ounce of joy before the DADA curse ended his life – as he wanted an out.
  11. Tobias Snape broke Eileens’ wand out of rage and disgust for ‘her kind’, hence why she was later powerless against him and the abuse grew more severe.
  12. Snape's wand core is a unicorn hair.  Unicorn hair are very keen to an experimental and inquisitive magic. It’s also pretty versatile. Unicorn's hair aren't very adapted for the practice of dark magic, but are pretty useful for healing spells. (I love the idea that Snape’s wand apparent wood is black, then the inside hidden core is white)
  13. Severus did not learn nor teach Voldemort how to fly. Severus one day saw Voldemort do it, so knowing it was possible, learned in his own time in secret. Voldemort never knew.
  14. Dumbledore taught Severus Occlumency when Severus agreed to become a spy. The art came naturally for him, given his upbringing.
The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamTimeLadyJamieDark AngelInterwovenMadnessSalvyus

I liked these ones, some of the ones you mentioned are my own headcanons as well @sanctuaryangel.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark Angel
Quote from mmlf on May 31, 2023, 3:23 am
Quote from Naaga on May 19, 2023, 5:05 am

I headcanon that Snape was competitive as a Professor and made bets with other professors like McGonagall on winning house cup, quidditch cups and no of OWLs in the students.

That works well with Professor McGonagall's professed shame at meeting Professor Snape's eyes after Slytherin won the House Cup (I think? Or Quidditch?) in the year before Harry.

Yeah, that's the source of my headcanon. Snape did take quidditch competition seriously, he reserved pitch in CoS for training Draco, gave more homework before quidditch matches and deliberately kept detention in HBP during a quidditch match.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalMotanul NegruDark AngelInterwovenMadness
Quote from SanctuaryAngel on May 31, 2023, 3:41 am

Here are my own personal Severus headcanons so far:

1. Severus won the Felix Felicis at school by brewing a perfect Draught of Living Death and used it to ask Voldemort to spare Lily
  2. Severus would always tell his Slytherins off in private, not on public display. He would give them a harsh talking-to if he saw them step out of line.
  3. Severus packed up his belongings from his home and his office because he knew he’d likely not make it out of the Second War alive.
  4. Severus hangs out a lot with the Thestrals because they are easier to deal with than people.
  5. Severus was bullied by his own House in hopes of ‘toughening him up’, hence why we don’t see any Slytherin jump to his defence when bullied by the Marauders.
  6. Severus convinced Voldemort to try and recruit Lily to the DEs/work with them when he asked her to spare her life.
  7. The Sorting Hat told Severus that he’d be good in Gryffindor for his courage and bravery, but after his interaction with James and Sirius on the train ride there, it was an immediate ‘NOPE’ to that. Slytherin was always his goal.
  8. The Werewolf Incident - Sirius told Severus that Lily was in danger and went to the shack, hence why Severus risked himself to go in and save her, not knowing it was a set-up.
  9. Severus doesn’t touch alcohol because of his father
  10. Every year he hoped to gain the DADA position in hopes of an ounce of joy before the DADA curse ended his life – as he secretly hoped for, as he wanted an out.
  11. Tobias Snape broke Eileens’ wand out of rage and disgust for ‘her kind’, hence why she was later powerless against him and the abuse grew more severe.
  12. Snape's wand core is a unicorn hair.  Unicorn hair are very keen to an experimental and inquisitive magic. It’s also pretty versatile. Unicorn's hair aren't very adapted for the practice of dark magic, but are pretty useful for healing spells. (I love the idea that Snape’s wand apparent wood is black, then the inside hidden core is white)
  13. Severus did not learn nor teach Voldemort how to fly. Severus one day saw Voldemort do it, so knowing it was possible, learned in his own time in secret. Voldemort never knew.
  14. Dumbledore taught Severus Occlumency when Severus agreed to become a spy. The art came naturally for him, given his upbringing.

I love them all! 💚

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaMotanul NegruDark AngelInterwovenMadness

Here's some more headcannons:

.Snape finds bugs to be absolutely fascinating and enjoys observing them when collecting ingredients. He doesn't even blink if a spider finds its way onto his arm.

.He's a great cook and can brew the best coffee ever.

.loves to experiment and frequently becomes a little too 'in the zone' when doing so. During this period of experimentation, he forgets to sleep and lives off of pepper up, coffee and the belief that he can sleep when he's dead.

.becomes non verbal when he has a meltdown.

.is the guy St.Mungo's calls when they need help regarding potions. (Basically: hey bro, we got this dude who's gonna die and we need your help to design a potion that will save him). Snape always helps but he's not nice about it.

.is an animagus. I imagine he's probably an: owl, falcon, cat, or a fox.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamieDark Angel

I headcanon him secretly being a Bat animagus, his logic being if those bastards can do it, so can I.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelGhostSalvyus
Quote from Naaga on June 6, 2023, 2:35 pm

I headcanon him secretly being a Bat animagus, his logic being if those bastards can do it, so can I.

He'd be the cutest bat animagus in the entire castle.

Wonder what his animagus name would be.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelInterwovenMadness

Omg, imagine he's a flying fox. He'd be adorable.

I also imagine him as either a bat or a snake, any animal that can stay hidden and observe others.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaGhost
Quote from Ghost on June 6, 2023, 3:05 pm
Quote from Naaga on June 6, 2023, 2:35 pm

He'd be the cutest bat animagus in the entire castle.

Wonder what his animagus name would be.

Batman 😹😹

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelInterwovenMadnessSalvyus

Jokes aside, Echo sounds like a good name for a bat animagus based on echolocation of bats.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelGhost
PreviousPage 5 of 12Next