Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Snape Videos

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next

Snape through Alan Rickman's Eyes😭😭

Comment if you want and let me know what you think?

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamieDark AngelJaySM

😭😭😭, Alan and his Severus might be dead but they'll live 'Always' and forever in our hearts!

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaTimeLadyJamieDark AngelGhostJaySM

Alan was the perfect Snape and I loved his additions to the movies. Normally, I throw a fit when movies do not follow the books but I liked some of those changes. I watched the movies prior to reading the books and  Snape shielding the trio form Werewolf Lupin and admitting that Harry really does have his mother's eyes in his last moments were things that really disappointed me when I found out they were not part of the books.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamieJaySM

Rickman Snape for me is AU version of Snape and I headcanon HP movieverse and bookverse as different universes of multiverse. He is good and I like the guy but book Snape is more of my preference.

HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalTimeLadyJamieDark AngelJaySM
Quote from Naaga on June 6, 2023, 8:15 am

Rickman Snape for me is AU version of Snape and I headcanon HP movieverse and bookverse as different universes of multiverse. He is good and I like the guy but book Snape is more of my preference.

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel. Alan Rickman did a good job, but his depiction is very different than book Snape. For me, it's impossible to see them as the same character.

Having said that, I did like the "shielding the Trio from the werewolf" scene. It was a nice addition and canonically appropriate, as book Snape would've done the same in that situation.

I actually didn't like, "You have your mother's eyes." While it's a sweet addition, it ruins the ambiguity of Snape's final words in the book. The ambiguity of that line ("Look at me") is what makes it so powerful. It allows readers to draw their own conclusions rather than automatically making it about Lily.

One interpretation I like is that Severus is truly seeing Harry for the first time. He's attempting to make a connection in that moment, something that goes deeper than just wanting to see Lily's eyes. I'm not saying that desire wasn't present as well, but I like to think it had as much to do with Harry as it did with Lily.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamieDark AngelJaySM

The Tragedy of Severus Snape by TheGaroStudios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taHMtTssjNY

HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelJaySM
Quote from Heatherlly on June 6, 2023, 11:29 am
Quote from Naaga on June 6, 2023, 8:15 am

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel. Alan Rickman did a good job, but his depiction is very different than book Snape. For me, it's impossible to see them as the same character.

Having said that, I did like the "shielding the Trio from the werewolf" scene. It was a nice addition and canonically appropriate, as book Snape would've done the same in that situation.

I actually didn't like, "You have your mother's eyes." While it's a sweet addition, it ruins the ambiguity of Snape's final words in the book. The ambiguity of that line ("Look at me") is what makes it so powerful. It allows readers to draw their own conclusions rather than automatically making it about Lily.

One interpretation I like is that Severus is truly seeing Harry for the first time. He's attempting to make a connection in that moment, something that goes deeper than just wanting to see Lily's eyes. I'm not saying that desire wasn't present as well, but I like to think it had as much to do with Harry as it did with Lily.

His final moments in both cases are quite meaningful. What I liked about the movie version was that everyone told Harry how he looked like his father but had his mother's eyes, the only person who only compared Harry to James invective was Snape. He never acknowledged that Harry was also Lily's son until that very moment. To me that acknowledgement meant a little more than just him seeing Lily in Harry's appearance but maybe all her good qualities as well.

I interpret the book version as Snape telling Harry to see him for who he truly is, a hero.

The movie version  gives me hope that by the end, Snape cared a little for Harry not only for Lily's sake (I'm a sucker for Severitus fics). The book version was him telling Harry that they were wrong about him, he was never the villain they made him out to be.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySM

That's a beautiful interpretation. I never thought of it that way.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelJaySM

Alan's Severus is almost like an 'adult' Severus to me - one who has lived for far too long. One who is more wise, measured, and calm. A Severus that should have existed had he technically lived.

Alan's Severus was beautiful, but echoing everyone else, he is not the same book Severus.

But here is food for thought - the books are told largely from Harry's POV. The films remove that bias, and are not tainted as such.

...The real Severus could have very well been a mixture of the two. Harry often exaggerates and misinterprets what he sees, so his book description of Severus definitely would have been, too.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamieDark AngelJaySM

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM2rmRa1k/

So, who's cutting onions here?!

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySM
PreviousPage 2 of 5Next