Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Snape Fanfic Recommendations (Severus/Lily)

PreviousPage 4 of 11Next

I came across Sympathetic Magic years ago during the pandemic, back when I was an avid Snily shipper. I found it on ao3 but noticed that it wasn't completed there, after I found out that you had to read it on DeviantArt, I just let it be despite a lot of people claiming it's the best Snily.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalJaySMSam

Sympathetic Magic is worth the read on DeviantArt! The software is terribly annoying but the story makes up for it; it’s truly amazing, and I highly recommend a re-read (or picking up again if you remember where you left off).

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySMSam

I skimmed a few chapters but it wasn't much. Back then I refused to read WIPs and checked if it was completed anywhere else but I couldn't even properly navigate DeviantArt and just decided it is not worth it. The author was planning on posting the whole thing on ao3 but it seemed like they had just stopped at some point and never got back to it. Why did they even think that DeviantArt was a good place to post their fanfic in the first place?

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalThe Emerald DoeJaySMSam

I initially found it weird to navigate on DeviantArt, but once I got interested, I stopped minding it and ended up binge-reading it.

This story was so captivating, and Teen Severus is probably one of the best I have ever read. This fic has a pro-Lily theme, but Lily has realistic flaws and a personality similar to Harry, including reckless bravery. There were so many incredible moments, and I feel glad to have read it.

The only issue some people may feel is about character ages like those of Narcissa, but it was written just after the Deathly Hallows book, and some inconsistencies can be forgiven for a good fic.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceThe Emerald DoeDark AngelJaySMSalvyusSamNikka
Quote from Krystal on October 19, 2023, 3:43 pm

I initially found it weird to navigate on DeviantArt, but once I got interested, I stopped minding it and ended up binge-reading it.

I literally had the exact same experience as you! And regarding the age inconsistencies... eh, it's fanfiction. It's an amazing story and that's what counts. Ofc I won't spoil the ending, but it's pretty unbelievable.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySMSam
Quote from Nikka on October 19, 2023, 5:21 pm
Quote from Krystal on October 19, 2023, 3:43 pm

I literally had the exact same experience as you! And regarding the age inconsistencies... eh, it's fanfiction. It's an amazing story and that's what counts. Ofc I won't spoil the ending, but it's pretty unbelievable.

I am itching to spoil some things, but I won't and will let the others get this amazing experience themselves.

Dark Angel, JaySM and Sam have reacted to this post.
Dark AngelJaySMSam

I have a confession to make. I read Sympathetic Magic but stopped reading it. Overall it's a good story but my problem remains with the fact that Severus kept on being abused over and over, unless I am remembering it wrong. I just don't like the angst for the sake of angst, which is all there is to it in the fandom.

Krystal, Dark Angel and JaySM have reacted to this post.
KrystalDark AngelJaySM

https://archiveofourown.org/works/50507398/chapters/127597870

The Way Things Never Were
By Tesserox

Summary:

Erica Snape really hasn't been okay since she defeated Voldemort. Even with raising baby Sirius with her husband Neville, she has suffered from paranoia, anxiety and depression. It compels her to do something foolish. But is it really foolish if the spell just goes haywire and sends her, not back in time like it was supposed to, but to an alternate dimension where she was never born, but a male version of her named Harry Potter was?

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySM

I read A LOT of fanfiction (excluding abandoned fics, I CANNOT get stuck on a cliffhanger hahaha)! I love tragic stories because I am an insufferable romantic. Listening to sad classical music while reading fanfics is the best combination. My favorite pairing is Snily, but I've also read a bit of Snamione and Snupin. I already talked extensively about Sympathetic Magic, so here are some other favorites.

Novel-length

One-shots

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalYampamThe Emerald DoeTimeLadyJamieDark AngelJaySM

Whoa! That's a very generous list of recommendations! I definitely see a Snily pattern😂

Some of the fics don't fit into this thread though as this one is only reserved for Snily pairings

Here are all our recommendations Snily is the most prominent but we also have Snape +OC, Snamione, Snape+ Other, general Snape fics and general HP fics.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySM
PreviousPage 4 of 11Next