Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Snape Fanfic Recommendations (Severus/Lily)

PreviousPage 3 of 11Next

Mr. Always Wins

I really liked this and Severus being forced to participate in the Triwizard tournament is definitely an interesting way to get him eventually closer to Lily, unfortunately the author seems to have abandoned the story and moved on to a different fandom. Monstrasity has a similar fic which has a similar premise and was most probably inspired by this one but the pairing is Mulciber/Snape.

Severus Snape has never been the luckiest guy.

This year seems to be no exception as Severus is entered into the Triwizard Tournament against his will, with no way out. The situation looks bleak, but all hope may not be lost. With a push here and there, a little soul-searching, and maybe even the love of an old friend, this might just be the year his luck finally changes for the better.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and Sam have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalSam
Quote from Dark Angel on June 15, 2023, 2:37 pm

Mr. Always Wins

I really liked this and Severus being forced to participate in the Triwizard tournament is definitely an interesting way to get him eventually closer to Lily, unfortunately the author seems to have abandoned the story and moved on to a different fandom. Monstrasity has a similar fic which has a similar premise and was most probably inspired by this one but the pairing is Mulciber/Snape.

Severus Snape has never been the luckiest guy.

This year seems to be no exception as Severus is entered into the Triwizard Tournament against his will, with no way out. The situation looks bleak, but all hope may not be lost. With a push here and there, a little soul-searching, and maybe even the love of an old friend, this might just be the year his luck finally changes for the better.

God, I miss this fic. I really wish the author would continue.

FIQ, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
FIQKrystalDark AngelSam

Are we only posting AO3 and Fanfiction.net fanfics?

I have one which is complete called Sympathetic Magic by ls269 but her completed works are in her Deviant Art account. It’s a very pro-Lily fanfic set in Hogwarts.

https://www.deviantart.com/ls269/journal/Cheerful-411032450

The rest of my recommendations are old as well and were probably read already but I’ll list them just in case.

Ananke by Eunike

Summary: Severus Snape thought he'd never see the love of his life again, until the nineteen-year-old Lily Evans accidentally travels eighteen years into the future and finds herself face to face with her former best friend. Lost in a war-torn world she no longer recognizes, Lily is determined to find a way back home and change history for the better. In the meanwhile, she and Severus are forced to confront the issues that destroyed their friendship in the past – the friendship that meant more to him than she ever understood.

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/4400517/1/Ananke

Severus Snape and the Siren by Mermaid886

Summary: Severus Snape and Lily Evans become the best of friends from the day they first meet. As they begin their magical education at Hogwarts, Lily vows to maintain their bond as Severus holds her in his heart. The Marauders make nothing easy for the pair, but between the birth of their daughter and the awakening of an ancient power that brings Voldemort to his knees, even Severus himself underestimates just how extraordinary his darling flower really is.....

https://archiveofourown.org/works/39438705/chapters/98705157

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalTimeLadyJamieSam

Oh, I love Ananke. Not a big fan of the ending, but everything leading up to it was really good!

Heatherlly, FIQ and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyFIQKrystalTimeLadyJamieJaySMSam

@jaysm, Sympathetic Magic is one of my favourite Snily where Severus is kept 'Dark', I sometimes hate it when Severus is forced to become 'Light' to be with Lily.

@thegestaltprince has already said what I feel about Ananke, an excellant story with a lackluster ending.

I also like all the Mermaid886 fics.

The Gestalt Prince, JaySM and Sam have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceJaySMSam

Dancing with the Devil

Written by RissaCay

Summary:

Snape makes a deal with Slytherin's most popular witch, the beautiful and witty Narcissa Black, after she offers to help him win back Lily Evans. But what's the cost of her assistance? Will the 2 become friends, or is Snape simply dancing with the Devil?

Review: This is one of my favorite fics. It is set in the Marauders Era but isn't a time travel fic. The plot ides is very unique in my opinion and I find myself rereading this fic every few months.

I hope you all will enjoy it too.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSam

another life

A series of oneshots in a world where Lily is not dead, and Severus is not a Death Eater.

Is very cute, and has the same energy as my writing challenges for Gestaltation.

Heatherlly, Krystal and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalTimeLadyJamieDark AngelInterwovenMadnessJaySMSalvyusSam
Quote from Krystal on June 23, 2023, 8:22 am

@jaysm, Sympathetic Magic is one of my favourite Snily where Severus is kept 'Dark', I sometimes hate it when Severus is forced to become 'Light' to be with Lily.

sympathetic magic was one of my favs too <3333 I was so obsessed with it!! We should DM and talk about it, my thoughts will ALWAYS return to this one.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySMSam
Quote from Nikka on October 18, 2023, 12:49 pm
Quote from Krystal on June 23, 2023, 8:22 am

sympathetic magic was one of my favs too <3333 I was so obsessed with it!! We should DM and talk about it, my thoughts will ALWAYS return to this one.

I liked it due to Severus. He was written dark and I liked the way he dealt with different situations and it had many hilarious moments too. It's been a long time since I read that fic, but I am alright with talking about it. It's one of my favorites because Severus is nowhere near being a doormat, which unfortunately is happening in most of the current era Snily fics.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceThe Emerald DoeJaySMSam

I feel like it totally captured his essence: a dark human being who loves another so strongly that it has the power to change the world. On another note, the OCs were awesome... Moribund Prince, the English war widows, Jen Morgan + Kurt, Bruiser and the Valance family, and many others! Also, addict!regulus was so in character to be honest.

I made the following drawing of Evan Rosier based on his description (quoted below) in Sympathetic Magic.

Say what you will about Evan Rosier, thought Lily, as she sat at the back of his classroom watching the impressive shadows he cast on the wall, he's a really good teacher. 

He told stories about the Dark Arts, replete with ghoulish detail and breathless enthusiasm. He waved his hands around constantly – imitating the disemboweling motion of a European werewolf, or the distinctive, crouching gait of an Erkling. He didn’t just teach the lessons: he performed them. Every dark creature or curse that he mentioned was described in lurid detail, with a great deal of flourishing hand-gestures and dramatic cries. 

And the spectacle of a bald man in wizard’s robes and a cowboy hat, permanently radiating blue cigar-smoke, and waving his hands around as though trying to fight off a swarm of invisible wasps, was enthralling. 

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySMSamUla
PreviousPage 3 of 11Next