Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Snape Fanfic Recommendations (Severus/Lily)

PreviousPage 8 of 11Next
Quote from Robaku90 on May 12, 2024, 8:31 am
Quote from ZombiePotter04 on May 6, 2024, 7:59 pm

Hello,

Haven't seen this one on here yet, but a recent favourite of mine (complete) is "A Life Worth Dying For" by Kirin K. on FF.net.
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6723844/1/A-Life-Worth-Dying-For

Summary:
"Severus was granted his greatest wish: a second chance to start over again with Lily. What he hadn't expected was Harry had had the same thought in mind. Could they ever learn to be civil around each other in their quest to protect her from Voldemort?"

My Review:
I adore this story. I am a big fan of madly-in-love, happy Snily and I really dislike James. This story certainly delivers on those fronts. It is a travel-back-in-time fic for both Severus and Harry after they die. Severus because he wants to see Lily again and Harry because he wants to see his mother again. Lily is now 20 years old and engaged to James but she is only engaged to him because she thought Sev didn't love her. So, as soon as Severus comes back to her (in this case from the afterlife) she is overjoyed. Also, the "tree incident" from fifth year is explained beautifully. Lily basically confesses she only smiled when Sev was hanging upside down because she was frustrated that he didn't confess his love for her (she had been in love with him for years as well) and thus decided to flirt with James to make Sev jealous. She did this at the worst possible time, however, which she deeply regrets. I just love the telling of the "incident" and Lily's "smile" coming out of love and teenage related frustration and not cruelty or something else (this has deeply bothered me in canon, cuz I would never do that to my bestie 🙁 )

As soon as Sev stands on Lily's doorstep (which is in chapter 2), James (and Harry in trying to convince his mother) has/have no chance. Lily is going all in for Severus now that she has him back in her life. And, I love that. I know it is kind of cruel to James considering Lily leaves him so quickly when Sev arrives, but I personally dislike James, so I have no issue with it. Aside from the fact that he died, he got everything he wanted in canon (and considering his personality, that bothers me greatly). So, now it is Sev's turn. <3

Also, the author of this story, Kirin K. has written one other story. A Snily one-shot that is taken from a previous event Lily and Sev discuss in the previously mentioned fanfic and that presumably thus can be considered canon-compliant. And it is beautiful. I recommend you read it after you've read the other one I mentioned (if you decide to that is). It is a shame this author hasn't written anymore Snily fics or fics in general. I love their writing style and their writing of Lily and Sev's relationship.

The one-shot is called: "Inside the Stone" on FF.net.
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7728029/1/Inside-the-Stone

Summary:
"SS/LE One-shot. 25 years apart. Two events. One Birthday. '...But Lily's cheeks had turned the colour of tomatoes. She buried her face onto his narrow chest and muttered, "Well… ah… ummmm… you'll only have to… ah… a-hem… kiss it."...'"

My Review:
As I already stated, it is amazing!

Btw, considering @robaku90 and I seem to have somewhat of a similar taste in Snily fanfic (hating James and Lily being in a relationship), I think you'll like this one (and its separate one shot)! 🙂

The summary of the first title sounds so good that I think I'll run to read it right away. 😍😍😍😍

Yay! Glad you seem to like my recommendation! Keep me updated on what your thoughts are! :p

The Gestalt Prince and Robaku90 have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceRobaku90
Quote from Robaku90 on May 12, 2024, 8:33 am

Hello,

Haven't seen this one on here yet, but a recent favourite of mine (complete) is "A Life Worth Dying For" by Kirin K. on FF.net.

Summary:
"Severus was granted his greatest wish: a second chance to start over again with Lily. What he hadn't expected was Harry had had the same thought in mind. Could they ever learn to be civil around each other in their quest to protect her from Voldemort?"

My Review:
I adore this story. I am a big fan of madly-in-love, happy Snily and I really dislike James. This story certainly delivers on those fronts. It is a travel-back-in-time fic for both Severus and Harry after they die. Severus because he wants to see Lily again and Harry because he wants to see his mother again. Lily is now 20 years old and engaged to James but she is only engaged to him because she thought Sev didn't love her. So, as soon as Severus comes back to her (in this case from the afterlife) she is overjoyed. Also, the "tree incident" from fifth year is explained beautifully. Lily basically confesses she only smiled when Sev was hanging upside down because she was frustrated that he didn't confess his love for her (she had been in love with him for years as well) and thus decided to flirt with James to make Sev jealous. She did this at the worst possible time, however, which she deeply regrets. I just love the telling of the "incident" and Lily's "smile" coming out of love and teenage related frustration and not cruelty or something else (this has deeply bothered me in canon, cuz I would never do that to my bestie 🙁 )

As soon as Sev stands on Lily's doorstep (which is in chapter 2), James (and Harry in trying to convince his mother) has/have no chance. Lily is going all in for Severus now that she has him back in her life. And, I love that. I know it is kind of cruel to James considering Lily leaves him so quickly when Sev arrives, but I personally dislike James, so I have no issue with it. Aside from the fact that he died, he got everything he wanted in canon (and considering his personality, that bothers me greatly). So, now it is Sev's turn. <3

Also, the author of this story, Kirin K. has written one other story. A Snily one-shot that is taken from a previous event Lily and Sev discuss in the previously mentioned fanfic and that presumably thus can be considered canon-compliant. And it is beautiful. I recommend you read it after you've read the other one I mentioned (if you decide to that is). It is a shame this author hasn't written anymore Snily fics or fics in general. I love their writing style and their writing of Lily and Sev's relationship.

Summary:
"SS/LE One-shot. 25 years apart. Two events. One Birthday. '...But Lily's cheeks had turned the colour of tomatoes. She buried her face onto his narrow chest and muttered, "Well… ah… ummmm… you'll only have to… ah… a-hem… kiss it."...'"

My Review:

Btw, considering @robaku90 and I seem to have somewhat of a similar taste in Snily fanfic (hating James and Lily being in a relationship), I think you'll like this one (and its separate one shot)! 🙂

That's right, there's no point in feeling sorry for James! He was always an asshole!

James can burn in Hell! :p (A thing to know about me, is that I am not a nice person when it comes to a certain James Potter, hahahaha :p )

Quote from Robaku90 on May 12, 2024, 8:36 am

Hello,

Summary:

My Review:

Summary:

My Review:

Since she doesn't write anymore, write her down and beg for more Snily in the comments. 😃

Hahaha, maybe. I did leave her a review, though! So, fingers crossed that if she ever comes back online on the fanfiction site, she'll see it!

Quote from ZombiePotter04 on May 12, 2024, 8:31 pm
Quote from Robaku90 on May 12, 2024, 8:31 am

Hello,

Summary:

My Review:

Summary:

My Review:

The summary of the first title sounds so good that I think I'll run to read it right away. 😍😍😍😍

Yay! Glad you seem to like my recommendation! Keep me updated on what your thoughts are! :p

@zombiepotter04

I only slept two hours today because of reading this story and for now I'll just say: it's divine! 😍😍😍😍 But I'm jumping on it too much, it's too intriguing. Unfortunately, I have this bad habit. Today, after work, I will start reading nicely from the first chapter. What a lovely, charming story, exactly my/our style. 😍

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and ZombiePotter04 have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceZombiePotter04
Quote from ZombiePotter04 on May 12, 2024, 8:33 pm
Quote from Robaku90 on May 12, 2024, 8:36 am

Hello,

Summary:

My Review:

Summary:

My Review:

Since she doesn't write anymore, write her down and beg for more Snily in the comments. 😃

Hahaha, maybe. I did leave her a review, though! So, fingers crossed that if she ever comes back online on the fanfiction site, she'll see it!

I hope it touches her heart. 😄  
Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and ZombiePotter04 have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceZombiePotter04
Quote from ZombiePotter04 on May 12, 2024, 8:32 pm
Quote from Robaku90 on May 12, 2024, 8:33 am

Hello,

Summary:

My Review:

Summary:

My Review:

That's right, there's no point in feeling sorry for James! He was always an asshole!

James can burn in Hell! :p (A thing to know about me, is that I am not a nice person when it comes to a certain James Potter, hahahaha :p )

I will write briefly: let James die in pain! (no, I don't hit children and no, I don't drown little kittens for fun). 😄
The Gestalt Prince and ZombiePotter04 have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceZombiePotter04
Quote from ZombiePotter04 on May 12, 2024, 8:30 pm
Quote from Robaku90 on May 12, 2024, 8:26 am

Hello,

Summary:

My Review:

Summary:

My Review:

@zombiepotter04

Hello everyone! I'm very pleased that someone shares my taste. 😍 Thank you for adding me to your friends list.

I will definitely check out all the links you posted.

I found this today: https://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600097354&chapter=1 Spicy. But in our favorite topic. 😛

A girl in a Facebook group provided a link to another story from this site, so now we just have to read and find the tidbits. 😍😍😍

I greet warmly!

Marta

Hi! Glad you liked my friend request! <3 And, I am really glad someone else shares a similar Snily fic "taste" with me as well! Yay! Also, thank you for your recommendation as well! I will check it out! <3

I hope you won't be disgusted by me, it's quite a harsh story. But I also love the mild Snily. Even the dark ones are fine. I love every single one! 😍😍😍
Quote from Robaku90 on May 13, 2024, 9:27 am
Quote from ZombiePotter04 on May 12, 2024, 8:30 pm
Quote from Robaku90 on May 12, 2024, 8:26 am

Hello,

Summary:

My Review:

Summary:

My Review:

@zombiepotter04

Hello everyone! I'm very pleased that someone shares my taste. 😍 Thank you for adding me to your friends list.

I will definitely check out all the links you posted.

I found this today: https://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600097354&chapter=1 Spicy. But in our favorite topic. 😛

A girl in a Facebook group provided a link to another story from this site, so now we just have to read and find the tidbits. 😍😍😍

I greet warmly!

Marta

Hi! Glad you liked my friend request! <3 And, I am really glad someone else shares a similar Snily fic "taste" with me as well! Yay! Also, thank you for your recommendation as well! I will check it out! <3

I hope you won't be disgusted by me, it's quite a harsh story. But I also love the mild Snily. Even the dark ones are fine. I love every single one! 😍😍😍

No, I am not disgusted by you, no worries! <3 However, what did you mean a "harsh story"? Which story? The one I recommended, the one you recommended, or s0me Snily fics in general?

@zombiepotter04

Ufff. 😃

I'm always afraid that someone will think poorly of me when I come out with my fanfic preferences. 😃 I'll be honest, I like it when Sev and Lily are REALLY CLOSE to each other. 🤪 How do you say it? When there are a lot of lemons. 😍

Sorry, that's the beauty of using a translator. 🤣 I meant the story I posted a link to. There is a close-up scene of Snily. You might not like it if you were very sensitive. I like this kind of atmosphere very much. 😛

Let me copy the post from another post, maybe someone from Poland will come here one day and want to read:

"With commands in Polish, I'll start with the mirriel forum and the text "Summertime" by labrui:

http://forum.mirriel.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22224&hilit=summertime

Severus is quite as Snape here (sad, grumpy etc.), he doesn't have good intentions at the beginning, but then it only gets better and more interesting. 🙂 The author referred to the story here, which itself is also nice, but quite sad: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5956689/1/Musia%C5%82em-wiedzie%C4%87 She made a starting point, so to speak.

There isn't much of James in "Summertime", although he does appear in a few places. But luckily Lily quickly sells him a kick in the ass, you'll be glad you did. 😀 Harry Potter is not born here either, yeah!!! 😀

One interesting fact: Lily is like a pathologist here, examining the bodies of Death Eater victims. It's really interesting to read!

You can paste "Summertime" into the translator piece by piece, it will be quite easy. 🙂

Another text worth reading is: "Because of you", written by LittlePrincess0906:

https://www.wattpad.com/1014591894-because-of-you-prolog

Not everyone likes time travel, but that's what it does here. After Sev's death, he returns to his time at Hogwarts. I really like this story.

Among the spicier stories, I will paste links to Suzzuiiiiiiii's works:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/299645794-nic-stracego-snily-severus%2Blily-hp-18%2B (I like these very much ;P)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/294763778-sama-snily-severus%2Blily-hp

https://www.wattpad.com/story/315021097-amnezja-snily-severus%2Blily-hp-18%2B (also cool ;))

https://www.wattpad.com/story/296552796-przygoda-na-jedn%C4%85-noc-snily-severus%2Blily-hp-18%2B (here the action does not take place in the world of magic, it is more of a romance novel, but worth!)

SuzzuiiiiiiiiI's language, even in Polish, is quite, hmmm, lame, there are repetitions, but - that's not the point, right? ;P

The author is not writing new Snily yet, which is a pity. 🙁 Maybe he'll change his mind one day. 😀

However, the best one in my opinion was Snily written in Polish by LadyPrince2001. It is titled "More than a signature":

https://www.wattpad.com/story/190508679-%F0%9D%90%96%F0%9D%90%88%C4%99%F0%9D%90%82%F0%9D%90%84 %F0%9D%90%89-%F0%9D%90%8D%F0%9D%90%88%C5%BC-%F0%9D%93%B9%F0%9D%93%B8%F0%9D %93%AD%F0%9D%93%B9%F0%9D%93%B2%F0%9D%93%BC

NOTE: I won't spam, but - for a moment it seems like a Snape x OC pairing. But nothing could be further from the truth!!! At first Lily was getting on my nerves (she attacks and pushes Sev away - I don't like that), but then the action picks up pace. James is angry here. And that's good, I always knew he was an asshole!

This story has many parts (these are my favorites), thanks to which the action moves slowly and the characters are not flat, so to speak, they have time to develop. Lucius turns out to be good here (I like this theme too). And he makes delicious cherry vodka, i.e. liqueur with cherries (one of my favorite parts is when Lily gets drunk on it, it's really worth getting to this point). 😀

There is even a second part of it ("More than Hope"), but unfortunately, despite being flooded with comments, the story has come to a standstill. :(((( I still hope that this will change. Here it is:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/257789557-%F0%9D%90%96%F0%9D%90%88%C4%99%F0%9D%90%82%F0%9D%90%84 %F0%9D%90%89-%F0%9D%90%8D%F0%9D%90%88%C5%BC-%F0%9D%93%B7%F0%9D%93%AA%F0%9D %93%AD%F0%9D%94%83%F0%9D%93%B2%F0%9D%93%AE%F0%9D%93%B3%F0%9D%93%AA

LadyPrince2001 also wrote "Obsession", but here, unfortunately, Lily manages to marry Potter. 🙁 Although he later turns out to be a bad character, so it's worth persevering. 🙂 Unfortunately, Lily is sometimes annoying here too, but what can you do... What's important is the ending. 🙂

https://www.wattpad.com/story/190168626-%F0%9D%93%9E%F0%9D%93%AB%F0%9D%93%BC%F0%9D%93%AE%F0%9D %93%BC%F0%9D%93%B3%F0%9D%93%AA-%F0%9D%93%A2%F0%9D%93%B7%F0%9D%93%B2%F0%9D% 93%B5%F0%9D%94%82-%F0%9D%93%A2%F0%9D%93%BD%F0%9D%93%B8%F0%9D%93%BB%F0%9D%94 %82

There is also a short story called "Tempus opportunum" by MedeagerSzalona on AO3 and Wattpad:

https://www.wattpad.com/1079100810-tempus-opportunum-snily-prolog (it's currently being written :)) Here we have time travel again and two Severuses! But Lily lets herself be dissuaded from marrying that bum James, ufff! I recommend it, the story is quite funny. 🙂

If I remember other good texts in Polish, I will paste them as well!"

PreviousPage 8 of 11Next