Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

"The Language of Flowers" (Severus/Lily) M

Page 1 of 3Next

Characters/Pairings: Eventual Lily/Severus, Harry.

Ratings/Warnings: Mature.

Summary: Lily Potter didn’t die protecting her son. Instead, she was placed in a coma, awakening 13 years later. Dumbledore warns her that the Dark Lord will return again and come after Harry, prompting her to take up his offer working as an Assistant Professor at Hogwarts under Severus Snape.

Link to the story: https://archiveofourown.org/works/47630782/chapters/120051451

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelJaySMSalvyus

I know I've been posting reviews on AO3, but I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed reading so far

Krystal, TimeLadyJamie and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
KrystalTimeLadyJamieDark AngelJaySMSalvyus

Thank you, @thegestaltprince! I greatly appreciate all your feedback and comments.

The Gestalt Prince, Dark Angel and JaySM have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceDark AngelJaySM

One thing I would suggest is making sure to note at the beginning of the work, or perhaps each chapter (depending on context), when dialogue is being used from the book/movie

TimeLadyJamie, Dark Angel and JaySM have reacted to this post.
TimeLadyJamieDark AngelJaySM

Here's a graphic I recently made for the story. I just personally love the idea of Karen Gillan as Lily and Adam Driver as Severus.

The story has currently been updated and posted with 6 Chapters worth so far (more already currently finished, just going through rough drafts in the docs.) I'm pretty bad about posting the updates here because I don't wanna spam the forum with all of them, especially because I've been spending my time lately working on the story in my free time. ^^

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySM

Oh Adam Driver is a popular fancast for Snape! I think I'm not familiar with the woman though but she looks fitting.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalTimeLadyJamieJaySM
New chapter published!

Chapter 8: Lily of the Valley

[ Here's a sneak preview... ]

She held out her hand for him to take. Severus grabbed it, and then soon, they had both apparated to the destination she chose. His black eyes blinked, taking in the familiar sight that reminded him of happy memories long ago. 

They were at their old park, in Cokeworth. Luckily, it was empty and no one was here except for the two of them. In fact, Severus knew hardly any came here anymore, except for him on occasion, just to relive the good times before he lost it all. 

He heard Lily sigh awkwardly. “Sorry, I was trying to think of somewhere else, but this was the first thing that came to mind…”

“I don’t mind it.” replied Severus. 

However, being here made it clear: they felt like the kids they once were again. 

He watched as Lily started to twirl, as if imitating how she would act as a child here, trying to bring back some of that happiness and innocence from her youth. She then started to make her way towards their willow tree, reminding him of the time he sent the leaves flying around them. Lily had been impressed with it. 

Severus could see her remembering the memory with a fond smile before speaking. “I see old Willow is still standing strong after all these years.” 

Her smile then faded, as if realizing how the tree had endured every storm, but their friendship didn’t. He had caught eyes with her, seeing the fear and concern rush back to them, reminding them of the reality they were currently in and the adults they were. 

Link to Chapter 8: AO3

(I've been trying to update with a new chapter every week, but I think I'll take a small hiatus on this. Maybe go back and do some minor edits to previous chapters because I always feel like I can improve with my writing and I wanna do good with this story too.)

Quote from Dark Angel on August 31, 2023, 4:15 pm

Oh Adam Driver is a popular fancast for Snape! I think I'm not familiar with the woman though but she looks fitting.

She's a British actress most famous for Amy / Amelia Pond-Williams in Doctor Who, and as Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalTimeLadyJamieDark AngelJaySMSalvyus
Quote from Winter's Shade on September 13, 2023, 2:00 pm
Quote from Dark Angel on August 31, 2023, 4:15 pm

She's a British actress most famous for Amy / Amelia Pond-Williams in Doctor Who, and as Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Oh! I had the feeling I had seen her somewhere but it's no surprise I didn't recognize her as I'm not involved in either franchise. I probably saw her on some social media posts or a promotional poster.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalWinter's ShadeTimeLadyJamieJaySMSalvyus

I made another aesthetic for the story 🙂

Page 1 of 3Next