Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: What Do You Think Was Snape's Original Patronus?

Which one of these was Snape's original Patronus?
Bat
Crow
Raven
Panther
Snake
Thestral
Doe
Another
PreviousPage 2 of 2

I just remembered I'd written a post on the nature of the Patronus here. It's along the same vein as Heatherlly's thoughts on it.

Heatherlly, Krystal and TimeLadyJamie have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalTimeLadyJamie

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Great analysis – thanks for giving me an excuse to read it again. 🙂

The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystal

I choose the option 'doe' due to the reasons mentioned by @thegestaltprince and @heatherlly and also due to the way the question is framed. If the question was "What should be the Snape's Patronus?", then my answer would be the Raven for the reason mentioned by @kris.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal
Quote from Krystal on February 13, 2023, 11:55 pm

We know that Snape in canon had a 'doe' Patronus, but it was a manifestation of his love for Lily. So which one do you think was his original Patronus form and why do you think so?

I bet on the raven because they are very intelligent and dark birds.
The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga

In terms of word play, I think it's 'Deer'. It's the same pronunciation as 'My Dear'. It means a close and dear friend. In fact, being friends with Lily before a romantic feeling is the most precious memory. If it's Deer, it's beautiful because it feels like I've grown into a female deer while really loving Lily since then.

And since the description of Snape's Patronus in the house edition says it means reverent love for Lily, it seems like Agape platonic love. If it is changed to a stag Patronus, it is not Agape/platonic but romantic/erotic love.

The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga
PreviousPage 2 of 2