Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What's Wrong with the Marauders?

PreviousPage 4 of 4
Quote from Sam on March 16, 2024, 12:27 pm

Everything! The question should be what's not wrong with the marauders?

They're… dead? 😂

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaBitterBritRobaku90SalvyusSamZombiePotter04

I saw a post like this. "In reality, while the Marauders' misbehavior at school would simply result in a school record, expulsion, or, in extreme cases, juvenile prison, Snape's crimes as an adult would have landed him in prison forever." This was an posting mocking Snape fans. But there was this comment on that post. "If when snape was at school had killed the Marauders out of revenge for the, extenuating circumstances would have been recognized at trial, and people watching the news would have commented that the dead Marauders 'created the circumstances for their own deaths.' Rather than pity the Marauders, everyone would have ridiculed them.

Young age does not justify school violence. If were lucky enough to be sued, it would definitely be a juvenile offense, and sentence would be low, but if weren’t sued and were killed by victim in revenge, no one would show compassion. I find it pathetic because there are so many fools who compare what’s in the book to reality.

And in the story, the consequences of the school violence came back indirectly, directly, through the people they despised and looked at ridiculously.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaBitterBritSalvyusZombiePotter04

Love this thread and all of your analyses. The Marauders and especially James being the way they are is why I despise Lily leaving Sev and deciding to join/get into a relationship with James in canon (and thus I love fanfics where she and Sev are a united front against him). There is just something so infuriating to me about James having got everything he wanted until the very end, despite him not "deserving" it in the slightest. The only karma he ever got was that he died young. But even in death he is still celebrated as a hero despite his character (to be fair, the way in which he died was brave, albeit irresponsible (charging at Voldemort without a wand), but I think any good parent would've died like that for their child). It still just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Again, excellent analyses.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaYampam
PreviousPage 4 of 4