Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Fan Pairings

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next

I'm not really a fanon shipper. I dislike 95% of the fanon ships that exist, merely due to the fact that I do not see Severus romantically connected to any potential canon character. He is a complicated and unique man, who I feel needs someone unique enough to be his match.

So naturally, I lean toward Severus x OC, which I love dearly. Sometimes I even lean into Severus x Charity, since the idea of them is interesting, despite how vague Charity is in the books. There's potential, even though you could also consider her an OC, since she's largely a blank slate.

I do see the appeal of Severus/Remus, but I actually ship them platonically depending on how their characterisations are written in the story. Sometimes I'll even consider Severus/Regulus as a crack pairing.

I dislike Severus with any child/student/ex-student, even despite seeing the youngest aged up to accommodate, time travel, or a post-war scenario. I have more reasons, but I'll stop it at that.

But I'm very picky, really, lol! My preference is usually plot over romance anyway.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaMotanul Negru

Your preferences are almost similar my own @sanctuaryangel in the fics and pairings. 😸

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalMotanul Negru

This is about where I'm at. Severus with one or more OCs, F in my case, sequentially if more than one, and in or about his year.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

Gosh, to think I used to loathe the idea of Severus with an OC...Now it's my only true preference.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaMotanul NegruDark Angel

I used to heavily dislike Snape himself when I was an idiot teenager, go figure 😅

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga
Quote from Motanul Negru on May 30, 2023, 11:59 am

I used to heavily dislike Snape himself when I was an idiot teenager, go figure 😅

It always intrigues me when I discover people changing their views in this way. That's wonderful!

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaMotanul Negru

Snape is an acquired taste in characters, that's for sure. 😸

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalMotanul NegruDark Angel

Indeed he is! =D

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaMotanul Negru

I realize I haven't done this yet, so I guess I'll list my fan pairings.

The fan pairings I like:

1. Snily (Severus/Lily): It's pretty much my OTP in the Harry Potter world (and the one you will see me write the most with AU's.) I'm a sucker for the childhood friends trope and think that if they both were able to mature together and work through their problems that it could have been something beautiful. I know that means Harry Potter wouldn't be a thing, but that's a different thing. I also just personally think Severus was better fit with Lily. They compliment each other. I have too many feels for them. I should stop here or it might become a long essay.
  2. Harry/Hermione: They had so much potential and chemistry to me and I just....yes. In fact, I remember as a kid shipping them together and being shocked that it didn't turn out that way. I honestly thought it was going to be this. XD
  3. Neville/Luna: This is mostly thanks to the films, but I remember briefly thinking the potential would be cute. However, I haven't really thought back on it since.

The fan pairings I'm on the fence about, but curious in:

1. Severus/OC: I've never really looked into this one before because of the fact my brain is so stuck on his loyalty and love to Lily that I can't look into this, but I really want to at the same time. I think if he was to be paired up with an OC that compliments him and gives him a healthy relationship, it would be all good. And usually I love OC stories, but this is one I'm surprisingly picky about.
  2. Harry/Luna: It's all thanks to the movies for that one. That Threastal's scene lives in my heart.

The fan pairings I don't like:

1. Wolfstar (Sirius/Remus): I just can't see them as anything more than platonic. In fact, I see James and Sirius having more potential, but even that's still something I'm not really interested in.
  2. Snarry (Severus/Harry): This is in regards to them as romantic ship. I just can't see it. No, please, no. But in regards to it as a family dynamic as Severitus where Severus turns out being Harry's father, or ends up adopting him, I absolutely LOVE the idea!
  3. Severus with any of the Marauders: I don't like any pairing of victim and bully. No, please. No. Why?
  4. Severus/Dumbledore: While I do like Severus and Dumbledore having a friendship, I can't see it romantically.
  5. Severus/Voldemort: Nope!
Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

Oh, I totally forgot to mention Severitus! 😵 If i'm not writing my Severus x OC, it's Severitus 💕

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamie
PreviousPage 4 of 5Next