Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

New Harry Potter TV Series in Production

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next

I think a Black Hermione could be cast due to making her Black in the Cursed Child. For the rest, better wait and watch.

Krystal has reacted to this post.
Krystal

By "overboard", I mean taking central characters who already have strong identities and back stories (some of which are very relevant to canon) and reinventing them simply for the sake of being inclusive. Diversity needs to make sense, something that fits the original story/characters without fundamentally changing them.

Like that has stopped directors from changing the colour and ethnicity of the characters in the shows and movies. I am all for diversity and inclusion but making diversity in historical shows is immersion breaking for me.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaYampamTimeLadyJamie

I agree. I just want things to be accurate enough to immerse myself and don't want to see well-established favorite characters changed to the point where I don't recognize them.

The good news is that JKR is directly involved in this project. She'll have a lot of power, and I don't think she'll let them stray too far from her original vision.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamTimeLadyJamie

Okay, I just can't wait, I want new HP series with a new Snape to fancy.

Heatherlly has reacted to this post.
Heatherlly

Spotted while reading the comments on JKR's latest tweet:

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamieDark Angel

I learned not too long ago that the late Rick Mayall had a role as Peeves in the first few films (I think just 1 and 2), but his part was cut out. Having seen Rick Mayall's absolutely chaotic comedy style, I'd say it was criminal to remove him from the films.

Heatherlly, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamie

Yeah, we must have a Peeves, his hijinks were too funny to miss in the movies. 😹😹

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalTimeLadyJamie

So, yet again we may face the possibility of having Severus being cast by an older actor....again.

The rumor mill at the moment is Christopher Eccelston for Severus...For those unfamiliar with the actor, he played the Ninth Doctor on Doctor Who.

Chris is great - he has a fantastic acting range, definitely can pull off the Severus look, and is great at those turbulent, furious emotions. Plus, natural northern accent bonus!

BUT....the actor is 59. Great actor, but with the same issue we faced with Alan (bless him), he is almost double the age Severus should be.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamTimeLadyJamieDark Angel

I'm not going to get upset over rumors, but yeah… I'll be really upset if we end up with another 50+ -year old actor. D:

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel
Quote from Heatherlly on June 9, 2023, 11:03 am

I'm not going to get upset over rumors, but yeah… I'll be really upset if we end up with another 50+ -year old actor. D:

Oh, I agree!

Thankfully, they are rumors. Finding anyone capable to play Severus would be the hardest thing, but I do hope they are exploring younger actors.

Personally, I'd love for them to find someone we've never seen before.

Makes me wonder if they are strictly going for a British cast again?

In saying that - (considering non-British as well) I like the idea of Robin Lord Taylor (who played Oswald/Penguin on Gotham). The actor is currently 45, which is definitely more reasonable than someone about to turn 60.

Waiting for the official casting makes me nervous!

Heatherlly, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaagaYampamDark Angel
PreviousPage 3 of 5Next