Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

New Harry Potter TV Series in Production

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next

My TikTok is full of videos claiming Adam Driver will be the next Snape and I wouldn't mind that. The looks and his age are fitting and I don't see him as a bad actor.

If they do consider an older actor, I would hope that Rowling steps in. I think she only chose Alan because she wanted Snape played by him and when it comes to acting, he was *chef's kiss* despite being older. I don't see any reason for going for an older actor now for a reboot, Rowling already had her dream cast.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamTimeLadyJamie

I just don't want repeat casting of an old actor playing Snape. I mean no disrespect to Rickman but this series is supposed to be based on book canon so they must cast actors in right age group. Maximum I can tolerate for Snape is a guy in his early 40s.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalYampamTimeLadyJamieDark Angel

Agreed.

The actor really needs to be young enough to play the age Severus was, or at least looking young enough to pass.

Movie-only watchers will never truly be able to comprehend that Severus was only 31 in PS.

And this is why. A lot of the nuance of Severus' character is taken away because of aging him up.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamTimeLadyJamieDark Angel

You can excuse Rickman's age for Severus as him aging quickly due to his difficult life. Going from 30 to 50 is a little of a stretch but we gotta make it make sense.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamie

So an ideal Snape would be a male actor with similar features to him (dark hair, hooked nose if possible, sallow skin), born around 1990, give or take a year. Preferably British, but that's flexible if the accent is good enough. Lemme check a list I found.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamieDark Angel
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on June 9, 2023, 1:34 pm

So an ideal Snape would be a male actor with similar features to him (dark hair, hooked nose if possible, sallow skin), born around 1990, give or take a year. Preferably British, but that's flexible if the accent is good enough. Lemme check a list I found.

Hehe, easy!

I mean, they have another chance to get this absolutely right and to the book.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamie

I absolutely agree with all of you that my main concern is not only staying faithful to the characters without any major changes, but also getting the characters ages right this time. Despite how much I love Alan Rickman, I wanna see Snape, Lily, and etc at least look the age they are supposed to be.

I grew up with the movies first before reading the books, and I was absolutely shocked to realize Snape was supposed to be in his 30s and Lily and James were actually 21. And honestly, I feel like that's an important part of the story too is in seeing how young they are and how tragic it really all is that they've been going through this at those ages.

It makes the audience realize the heartbreaking reality of the situation even more.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampam

And realising Severius became a teacher when he was 20-21..One of the youngest ever Professors. It makes a huge difference to know this kind of information.

This means he was only teaching for 11 years, and not the 30-40 years it appeared to be in the films.

As I said, I love Alan dearly and his Severus was masterful and poignant. But not the same as book Severus, sadly.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamTimeLadyJamie

https://deadline.com/2024/01/harry-potter-tv-series-max-release-date-cast-1235323284/

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaTimeLadyJamieSalvyus
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on April 5, 2023, 2:39 pm

Not sure from where, but I've heard that she doesn't know why people side against James. There's a dangerous possibility that she'll lean into downplaying his behavior.

Rowling herself was a victim of school violence, so she created characters like Pansy Parkins. Plus, She was a teacher. It would be really foolish of me to say that I don't know why James gets criticized...

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Salvyus have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyus
PreviousPage 4 of 5Next