Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Rereading/Rewatching the Harry Potter Series

PreviousPage 11 of 14Next

I also think it's to keep it safe. Hermione may lose her stash during a sudden ambush or the like and then all their hard work to get it was for nothing and because it can easily be worn around the neck, why not?

They didn't know that it influences the wearer negatively at that point.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaJaySMSalvyus

Yeah, I think they were just paranoid about losing it unless someone was wearing it at all times. It is rather silly though, considering they knew it was having a negative influence on them. That was a risk in and of itself, probably more so than keeping it in Hermione's bag.

ETA: I know they didn't realize it was having a negative effect at first. I mean it would've been safer keep it in the bag once they figured that out.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelJaySMSalvyus

By the time they realised the negative influence, they ended up losing Ron so their paranoia actually got worse after knowing it.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceDark AngelJaySMSalvyus

Saw this on another discord and thought I would share.

Book 1

Book 3

Book 4

Book?

Book 5

Book 6

Book 7

They’re the new Thai edition.

https://www.wizardingworld.com/news/stunning-new-illustrated-harry-potter-book-covers-unveiled-for-thailand-twentieth-anniversary

Heatherlly, mmlf and 10 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamWinter's ShadeTimeLadyJamieDark AngelBitterBritSalvyusSam

That artwork is utterly magical!

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelJaySMSalvyusSam

Very pretty, I really liked the MinaLima (?) editions but found out not too long ago that they're pop-up books which kinda made me question my decision to get them eventually.

I really like the art style of these though. Why isn't anyone turning HP into an animated series already?! Why?!

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySMSalvyusSam

Make it into an anime series. And perhaps give it an alternate ending too. That would be a dream come true.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelJaySM

Those book covers are so beautiful! I'd collect them.

However, I'm currently already recollecting the books here in the US. I'm currently reading Chamber of Secrets. 🙂

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyus
Quote from Heatherlly on January 3, 2023, 5:07 pm

While I occasionally reference specific scenes for my fanfiction, it's been 10 years since I read the entire series. It's also been years (7-8?) since I've seen the movies, so yeah… I thought this would be a fun resolution/project for 2023.

My plan is to read/comment on each book, followed by the corresponding movie. A lot of my focus will be on Snape (obviously), though I'm posting it here because I'm sure I'll be commenting on other characters/plot elements as well. I'm interested to see how my perspectives have changed (if at all). What do I remember? What have I forgotten? How have my views been shaped by canon versus fanfiction/fanon?

If anyone else is in the mood for a reread and/or rewatch, feel free to join in! I'll be kicking things off with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. 🙂

I'm rewatching the movies for Halloween. I'll have to start tonight to be able to watch one a day in order to be able to watch the final movie by the thirty-first. I'll respond to your posts as I watch them.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel

I'm overdue a reread, but not sure when I will get time to do it. Will be looking forward to your thoughts, JaySM.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySM
PreviousPage 11 of 14Next