Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Site Updates/Technical Stuff

PreviousPage 7 of 11Next

I've just upgraded the forum. This update includes some minor cosmetic changes, though you shouldn't see any difference in functionality.

Please ignore any issues related to forum colors. I need to do some manual CSS adjustments, which will take me a while. If you run into any issues that aren't related to color (e.g. difficulties with posting), please let me know in this thread.

mmlf, SanctuaryAngel and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelGiorgiaJaySM

Okay, I think the colors are fixed. If you see any that need to be adjusted, please let me know.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelJaySM

I apologize for the error messages over the past couple days. The reason you guys are receiving these is because we're using too many resources and I need to upgrade the server again.

If I do that, it will double the resources we have, which will be more than sufficient for our needs. The downside is that the monthly cost will also double, putting a strain on my finances.

I hate asking for donations, but it's a necessary part of running a website if you don't want to clutter it up with ads. The upside is that we'd only need to raise about $30/month, which would be enough to offset the difference.

For anyone who might be willing to donate, what options would you prefer? I've already set something up on Paypal, but we can also do Patreon if you think that's a good idea. I'm also open to other ideas, so please feel free to share your suggestions!

mmlf, SanctuaryAngel and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaJaySM

All right, I've had enough of this shit. I'm going to go ahead and upgrade – site will be unavailable for up to an hour.

EDIT: upgrade complete!

mmlf, SanctuaryAngel and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelJaySM
Quote from Heatherlly on July 16, 2023, 9:33 pm

I apologize for the error messages over the past couple days. The reason you guys are receiving these is because we're using too many resources and I need to upgrade the server again.

If I do that, it will double the resources we have, which will be more than sufficient for our needs. The downside is that the monthly cost will also double, putting a strain on my finances.

I hate asking for donations, but it's a necessary part of running a website if you don't want to clutter it up with ads. The upside is that we'd only need to raise about $30/month, which would be enough to offset the difference.

For anyone who might be willing to donate, what options would you prefer? I've already set something up on Paypal, but we can also do Patreon if you think that's a good idea. I'm also open to other ideas, so please feel free to share your suggestions!

I think Paypal would be a good and safer option. And easier, I think.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelJaySM

Man, the site is so much faster now. Anyone else noticing it?

Quote from Heatherlly on July 16, 2023, 11:13 pm

Man, the site is so much faster now. Anyone else noticing it?

No more Errors every hour. That’s a win.

I will donate to the site. Either option is fine with me. Other members may be hesitant to do so since the platforms you suggested are not capable of being fully anonymous. Privacy is key.

If there aid a platform that allows that, that is internationally accessible, I’m sure that’s the route people may feel comfortable with.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel

Thank you. 🙂

IMO, anonymity isn't a good thing for monetary transactions. It's far less safe than major providers like PayPal or Patreon, especially if the service isn't compliant with financial regulations and/or doesn't offer consumer protections.

Yes, I can confirm better site speeds, thanks!

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelJaySM

The voting system prompts has rather poor contrast (gray text on white bg). Perhaps make the text darker?

Heatherlly, mmlf and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceDark Angel
PreviousPage 7 of 11Next