Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Site Updates/Technical Stuff

PreviousPage 8 of 11Next

I have 2 reservations about the dark theme.

1. Why does the site keep forgetting my dark theme setting? It remembers my login so clearly not (all?) cookies have expired. IMO, the theme should be tied to user account, at least when the user is registered.

2. Why does the dark theme not apply to the posting interface? See screenshot for what I mean.screenshot of posting interrface

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelSalvyus

To answer your questions, @fredriq…

1. The ability to change themes is tied to a plugin which has different timeout settings than other session-based site functions. That means you will have to switch it back from time to time, but that should only be happening about once a week or so.
  2. The forum editor is pulled from the WordPress default, which means there's no easy way to implement a different color scheme for each theme. Any workable solution would take a lot of time and effort, to the point where (at least for now) it would be way more trouble than it's worth.

I hope this answers your questions. Please let me know if you need anything else!

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceFIQKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelSalvyus

This is a minor thing, but I thought I'd mention it case it's a relatively "easy" fix.

The timestamps seem to be currently set to UTC-4:00, which is a bit confusing for users in other timezones (or at least for me). Would it be possible to change it to localized time? There are built-in methods in JavaScript that do this by using the browser's timezone, if that helps?

Heatherlly, mmlf and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceFIQKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelBol_Stark

Yeah, I added the JavaScript snippet, though I'm not sure it will work due to limitations with the forum plugin. Let me know if it does… if not, I'll look into alternative solutions.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

For some reason, the times for the most recent posts keep getting shorter

Naaga and Dark Angel have reacted to this post.
NaagaDark Angel

What do you mean?

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Dark Angel have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel

Right now, it says your most recent message, the one right before the one I'm typing now, was posted 7 hrs ago. It says Bol's most recent one, on Omnia Habens, was 29 minutes ago.

Naaga and Dark Angel have reacted to this post.
NaagaDark Angel

Yeah, it's weird on my end, too. I think there's a conflict between the form plugin and JavaScript.

Let me go disable it and see what happens…

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Dark Angel have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel

Disabled and timestamps are back to normal on my end. The site is set to Eastern time, which is a little after 11 PM right now.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

Looks normal on my end again too

Heatherlly, mmlf and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfNaagaDark Angel
PreviousPage 8 of 11Next