Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Snape Fanfic Recommendations (Severus/Lily)

PreviousPage 7 of 11Next
Thank you for all the tips, they are wonderful! That's how long it takes to find Snily, and a good one at that. Here you go, the whole list. You are invaluable! It's so good that this is a forum!

"Ambiguous" is divine!    This open ending gives hope. Tiny, but always.
Heatherlly and The Gestalt Prince have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt Prince

There's one I've been reading called Queenside Castle. It's a Lily-centric fic that has a different school system to the one in the books; wizarding education is more localized in earlier years before upper-level students go off to Hogwarts University. It's a longer read, but I'm really enjoying it so far, and I think it deserves some more love.

Heatherlly, TimeLadyJamie and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyTimeLadyJamieJaySMRobaku90
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on April 23, 2024, 3:43 pm

There's one I've been reading called Queenside Castle. It's a Lily-centric fic that has a different school system to the one in the books; wizarding education is more localized in earlier years before upper-level students go off to Hogwarts University. It's a longer read, but I'm really enjoying it so far, and I think it deserves some more love.

How brief is the Sirius/Lily pairing?

The Gestalt Prince has reacted to this post.
The Gestalt Prince

Unknown, I think it's more hinted at, but the story is still a WIP. As long as the endgame is Snily, I'll be reading and enjoying

Robaku90 has reacted to this post.
Robaku90

Hello,

Haven't seen this one on here yet, but a recent favourite of mine (complete) is "A Life Worth Dying For" by Kirin K. on FF.net.
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6723844/1/A-Life-Worth-Dying-For

Summary:
"Severus was granted his greatest wish: a second chance to start over again with Lily. What he hadn't expected was Harry had had the same thought in mind. Could they ever learn to be civil around each other in their quest to protect her from Voldemort?"

My Review:
I adore this story. I am a big fan of madly-in-love, happy Snily and I really dislike James. This story certainly delivers on those fronts. It is a travel-back-in-time fic for both Severus and Harry after they die. Severus because he wants to see Lily again and Harry because he wants to see his mother again. Lily is now 20 years old and engaged to James but she is only engaged to him because she thought Sev didn't love her. So, as soon as Severus comes back to her (in this case from the afterlife) she is overjoyed. Also, the "tree incident" from fifth year is explained beautifully. Lily basically confesses she only smiled when Sev was hanging upside down because she was frustrated that he didn't confess his love for her (she had been in love with him for years as well) and thus decided to flirt with James to make Sev jealous. She did this at the worst possible time, however, which she deeply regrets. I just love the telling of the "incident" and Lily's "smile" coming out of love and teenage related frustration and not cruelty or something else (this has deeply bothered me in canon, cuz I would never do that to my bestie 🙁 )

As soon as Sev stands on Lily's doorstep (which is in chapter 2), James (and Harry in trying to convince his mother) has/have no chance. Lily is going all in for Severus now that she has him back in her life. And, I love that. I know it is kind of cruel to James considering Lily leaves him so quickly when Sev arrives, but I personally dislike James, so I have no issue with it. Aside from the fact that he died, he got everything he wanted in canon (and considering his personality, that bothers me greatly). So, now it is Sev's turn. <3

Also, the author of this story, Kirin K. has written one other story. A Snily one-shot that is taken from a previous event Lily and Sev discuss in the previously mentioned fanfic and that presumably thus can be considered canon-compliant. And it is beautiful. I recommend you read it after you've read the other one I mentioned (if you decide to that is). It is a shame this author hasn't written anymore Snily fics or fics in general. I love their writing style and their writing of Lily and Sev's relationship.

The one-shot is called: "Inside the Stone" on FF.net.
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7728029/1/Inside-the-Stone

Summary:
"SS/LE One-shot. 25 years apart. Two events. One Birthday. '...But Lily's cheeks had turned the colour of tomatoes. She buried her face onto his narrow chest and muttered, "Well… ah… ummmm… you'll only have to… ah… a-hem… kiss it."...'"

My Review:
As I already stated, it is amazing!

Btw, considering @robaku90 and I seem to have somewhat of a similar taste in Snily fanfic (hating James and Lily being in a relationship), I think you'll like this one (and its separate one shot)! 🙂

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceRobaku90Jungle Jenna
Quote from ZombiePotter04 on May 6, 2024, 7:59 pm

Hello,

Haven't seen this one on here yet, but a recent favourite of mine (complete) is "A Life Worth Dying For" by Kirin K. on FF.net.

Summary:
"Severus was granted his greatest wish: a second chance to start over again with Lily. What he hadn't expected was Harry had had the same thought in mind. Could they ever learn to be civil around each other in their quest to protect her from Voldemort?"

My Review:
I adore this story. I am a big fan of madly-in-love, happy Snily and I really dislike James. This story certainly delivers on those fronts. It is a travel-back-in-time fic for both Severus and Harry after they die. Severus because he wants to see Lily again and Harry because he wants to see his mother again. Lily is now 20 years old and engaged to James but she is only engaged to him because she thought Sev didn't love her. So, as soon as Severus comes back to her (in this case from the afterlife) she is overjoyed. Also, the "tree incident" from fifth year is explained beautifully. Lily basically confesses she only smiled when Sev was hanging upside down because she was frustrated that he didn't confess his love for her (she had been in love with him for years as well) and thus decided to flirt with James to make Sev jealous. She did this at the worst possible time, however, which she deeply regrets. I just love the telling of the "incident" and Lily's "smile" coming out of love and teenage related frustration and not cruelty or something else (this has deeply bothered me in canon, cuz I would never do that to my bestie 🙁 )

As soon as Sev stands on Lily's doorstep (which is in chapter 2), James (and Harry in trying to convince his mother) has/have no chance. Lily is going all in for Severus now that she has him back in her life. And, I love that. I know it is kind of cruel to James considering Lily leaves him so quickly when Sev arrives, but I personally dislike James, so I have no issue with it. Aside from the fact that he died, he got everything he wanted in canon (and considering his personality, that bothers me greatly). So, now it is Sev's turn. <3

Also, the author of this story, Kirin K. has written one other story. A Snily one-shot that is taken from a previous event Lily and Sev discuss in the previously mentioned fanfic and that presumably thus can be considered canon-compliant. And it is beautiful. I recommend you read it after you've read the other one I mentioned (if you decide to that is). It is a shame this author hasn't written anymore Snily fics or fics in general. I love their writing style and their writing of Lily and Sev's relationship.

Summary:
"SS/LE One-shot. 25 years apart. Two events. One Birthday. '...But Lily's cheeks had turned the colour of tomatoes. She buried her face onto his narrow chest and muttered, "Well… ah… ummmm… you'll only have to… ah… a-hem… kiss it."...'"

My Review:

Btw, considering @robaku90 and I seem to have somewhat of a similar taste in Snily fanfic (hating James and Lily being in a relationship), I think you'll like this one (and its separate one shot)! 🙂

@zombiepotter04

Hello everyone! I'm very pleased that someone shares my taste. 😍 Thank you for adding me to your friends list.

I will definitely check out all the links you posted.

I found this today: https://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600097354&chapter=1 Spicy. But in our favorite topic. 😛

A girl in a Facebook group provided a link to another story from this site, so now we just have to read and find the tidbits. 😍😍😍

I greet warmly!

Marta

The Gestalt Prince and ZombiePotter04 have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceZombiePotter04

Hello,

Summary:

My Review:

Summary:

My Review:

The summary of the first title sounds so good that I think I'll run to read it right away. 😍😍😍😍

Hello,

Summary:

My Review:

Summary:

My Review:

That's right, there's no point in feeling sorry for James! He was always an asshole!

Hello,

Summary:

My Review:

Summary:

My Review:

Since she doesn't write anymore, write her down and beg for more Snily in the comments. 😃
Quote from Robaku90 on May 12, 2024, 8:26 am

Hello,

Summary:

My Review:

Summary:

My Review:

@zombiepotter04

Hello everyone! I'm very pleased that someone shares my taste. 😍 Thank you for adding me to your friends list.

I will definitely check out all the links you posted.

I found this today: https://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600097354&chapter=1 Spicy. But in our favorite topic. 😛

A girl in a Facebook group provided a link to another story from this site, so now we just have to read and find the tidbits. 😍😍😍

I greet warmly!

Marta

Hi! Glad you liked my friend request! <3 And, I am really glad someone else shares a similar Snily fic "taste" with me as well! Yay! Also, thank you for your recommendation as well! I will check it out! <3

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Robaku90 have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceRobaku90
PreviousPage 7 of 11Next