Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

The Wizarding World: Questions, Theories, Speculation

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next

Dementors can't be killed because they have no life, but they can be destroyed with things like Fiendfyre. I will happily die on this hill; those things would have devoured humanity if they were invulnerable; and that aside, how does the Ministry bargain with them if they are?

Heatherlly, mmlf and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

This question keeps bugging me: how did the DADA jinx work when Voldemort was temporarily dead at Godric's Hollow? How did he cast a permanent jinx after his DADA job application was rejected?

Naaga and Dark Angel have reacted to this post.
NaagaDark Angel

It's a curse and as far as I understood, the diadem hidden in the Room of Requirement had something to do with. Due to the horcruxes, Voldemort is never really dead and the curse was placed only after Dumbledore denied him the DADA position but if I remember correctly, that was not his only reason for returning to Hogwarts, he also used the opportunity to hide one of his horcruxes at the school and the same horcrux would be able to keep his curse intact.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamSalvyus

Yeah, I also think something like DADA jinx was powered by a dark artifact and what's better than a literal horcrux containing a piece of his own soul. A petty move on Tom's part after getting rejected for the job. 😹😹

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelSalvyus

I actually don't believe that he was ever really invested in the position, he just needed an excuse to enter Hogwarts and hide the horcrux there. That how I always understood it. Usually megalomaniacs like Voldemort aim for world domination, a teaching position is such a humble goal 😂

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamSalvyus
Quote from Dark Angel on August 28, 2023, 1:16 pm

I actually don't believe that he was ever really invested in the position, he just needed an excuse to enter Hogwarts and hide the horcrux there. That how I always understood it. Usually megalomaniacs like Voldemort aim for world domination, a teaching position is such a humble goal 😂

I think while job wasn't his priority, he thought of Hogwarts as his home and in case he got the job, he would've been in perfect position to influence young impressible minds to his cause. It was quoted that Voldemort, Harry and Snape were abandoned boys who found home in Hogwarts.

He also knew Dumbledore won't consider his job request but not even willing to even entertain the job offer as well as calling out bullshit on it, Tom didn't take rejection well. I mean why else he'd jinx DADA job except for pettiness. 😹😹

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelSalvyus

Thank you @darkangel and @naaga for the response. It seems true that Tom would use the diadem horcrux as the focus for the jinx. The cursed object within the Hogwarts magic also infiltrates the Hogwarts magic conscience as sort of a virus infecting the DADA position.

Naaga, Dark Angel and Salvyus have reacted to this post.
NaagaDark AngelSalvyus

How did Voldemort come to create the Flying Spell? What was his inspiration for the spell?

Dark Angel and Salvyus have reacted to this post.
Dark AngelSalvyus

I honestly don't remember canon going much into it except that Snape learned flight from Voldemort but it is implied that he was a bright student. I assume that Voldemort, like Severus may have tried his hand at inventing spells and the like.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSalvyusSam

Voldemort was brilliant to come with amazing spells.

My question was based on some people who were crediting Lily as inventor of Flying spell. They say the spell was made by Lily, taught to Severus and Voldemort learnt it from Severus. I like Lily but making everything about her is a bit much.

Naaga, Dark Angel and Sam have reacted to this post.
NaagaDark AngelSam
PreviousPage 3 of 5Next