Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

The Wizarding World: Questions, Theories, Speculation

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next

I do remember some people discussing that possibility but I don't recall where exactly that was😅

There's no canon explanation but if you want to really put it that way you could explain it as follows: Lily had good command of the levitation spell or rather magic that involves levitation even prior to her Hogwarts acceptance. We do know that Voldemort tried recruiting the Potters, so both of them must have shown  skill and talent to impress Voldemort enough to overlook their blood traitor and mudblood status. Severus spoke in Lily's favor when  Voldemort was about to hunt her down, perhaps he has done that more than once. It could be possible that Severus showed him his memory of her to prove how she'd been talented even as a child and you can headcanon that Lily helped Severus with his levitation charm as well which would serve as another point in her favor. I wouldn't go as far as to say that Lily invented the flying spell but she may have served as inspiration.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSalvyusSam

Taken from Social Media: Why didn’t Voldemort’s soul split every time he cast a killing curse?

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSam

Creating a Horcrux requires intent and a ritual of sorts, such as with the first five. Voldemort's soul latched onto Harry after he killed Lily because it was acting out of a self-preservation instinct.

Krystal, Naaga and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaagaDark AngelJaySMSalvyusSam
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on November 3, 2023, 11:35 pm

Creating a Horcrux requires intent and a ritual of sorts, such as with the first five. Voldemort's soul latched onto Harry after he killed Lily because it was acting out of a self-preservation instinct.

This and the fact that he made so many horcruxes, that his soul became so unstable that it broke apart.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySMSam

The idea of Horcruxes is silly to be quite honest. I mean, he could have tried the other route. Maybe Potions, or some artifact of sorts. But, I guess those take decades.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel

Voldemort did a horcrux ritual before he went to the Potters? Was he intending to make someone a horcrux? Lily?

If he was so unstable his soul would split, why did nothing happen when he killed Grindlewald?

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyusSam

By the time Voldemort had murdered Lily, his soul was unstable, and when the curse rebounded, his instinct was to not die. For other murders, he never had that instinct, because he was never brought to that level before.

Krystal, Naaga and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaagaYampamDark AngelJaySMSalvyusSam

What do you guys think a Death Eater initiation looks like? What would one have to do to get a Dark Mark? Is it as simple as pledging one's loyalty to the Dark Lord, or is there a kind of aptitude test?

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamJaySMSalvyus
Quote from Dark Angel on November 4, 2023, 3:28 am

What do you guys think a Death Eater initiation looks like? What would one have to do to get a Dark Mark? Is it as simple as pledging one's loyalty to the Dark Lord, or is there a kind of aptitude test?

I think some sort of pledge of loyalty and Dark mark is reserved for elites i.e those liked by Voldemort or considered most valiant by him.

Dark mark involves marking them by Voldemort's blood and mark imbibes his dark magic to create a connection between him and his servants.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySMSalvyus

But I'm wondering, what convinces Voldenort to mark someone? Not everyone is granted that "honor,"  Fenrir for example did not receive a mark, despite probably having committed enough atrocities. I don't know whether that's because he is seen as a lesser being for being a creature or he hasn't done enough to gain Voldemort's trust.

Snape is a half-blood and is marked, so being a pureblood does not seem to be a necessity. I guess utility plays a part. Snape brought Voldemort the prophecy and Peter revealed the Potter's location and later on proved himself the most loyal and useful of the Dark Lord's followers by resurrecting him.

Is it doing just anything that proves useful or is there more to it? I sometimes think that it does involve some sort of gruesome test or the like which Rowling purposefully left out because of younger audiences.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamJaySMSalvyus
PreviousPage 4 of 5Next