Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What Is Your Interpretation of Severus's Love for Lily?

PreviousPage 2 of 2

There’s a story that says it’s creepy that Snape didn’t forget his teenage love until he was 38 years old. However, he was a victim of school bullying and did not forget his hatred for James Potter until his death. It’s easy to take hatred to heart, This it’s a very common thing. But he did not forget the love he received from Lily and lived. I think he accomplished something really difficult. He lived without forgetting love as much as hate. Honestly, if look at values, wouldn't it be more valuable and noble to sacrifice the rest of life for love and atonement rather than hate? In that war, that teenage love saved many people.

I've had people I've hated, but I've yet to meet someone I truly love. Even if liked it, once think of it with hatred, that feeling will evaporate. It's really hard to remember the good more than the bad, so I respect Snape. If it were me, I would have immediately disliked a friend like Lily from the story, but he always remembered Lily's a good side. Snape.......

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSam

People find excuses to hate Severus regardless of whether they're correct or not. My interpretation is that he loved her romantically, but different factors led that to not come to fruition. Later on, he just had an idealized image of her in his mind and felt guilt about leading to her demise, which led to him sacrificing himself for the greater good. Or maybe, I am just pulling this out of my, erm never mind.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagacometBitterBrit
PreviousPage 2 of 2